Galakrond's Awakening - The Epic Finale

Is this end? Our heroes can’t fly.

Team Savior better win. This will be more epic than the Battle of Winterfell :popcorn:.

Can’t wait for January 21st!

1 Like

I’m new to Hearthstone, been playing since around Rastakhan’s Rumble. The new solo adventure notes say you can add up to 35 card to your collection. Does this mean I can use them in Standard? or just in the Heroic mode where you make your own deck?

Welcome :grinning:.

My impression, from what I read, is that you’ll be able to play these cards in Standard. But I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Yes they will be playable in standard just like the older adventures

Yes it’s me from the ow forums ~WildPants

5 Likes

I am disappointed that it won’t be like it’s predecessors, with treasures and such, but the jury has yet to convene on whether it’s good or not. Also can’t wait for the 21.

2 Likes

When it says you can build your own deck for Heroic mode, do they mean that you construct a deck as you play, Dungeon Run style, or are you building a deck using the cards in your own (multiplayer) collection?

I only play the single player Dungeon Run style adventures, so I won’t be playing if I have to bring my own cards (I don’t have many).

It’s about your personal collection of cards. But they don’t say that you get a premade deck to battle with each boss? Or this information is just for the normal mode but not heroic?

Normal mode uses a pre-constructed deck. Heroic you build your own.

The one glaring downside of the older adventures is that they had to be made super easy on normal mode or else people with small collections might not be able to beat the bosses and collect their new cards. That was even listed back in the day as a reason why they discontinued adventures in favor of different forms of PvE.

Precon decks solve that problem. Anybody can get their cards with some work and the devs can make the basic adventure battles semi-challenging without worrying about gating some people out of the battle rewards.

If you want the card backs, though, you still have to build your own deck and beat Heroic difficulty.

RIP fun adventures.

They picked the worst of all worlds:

The Normal Mode with pre-made decks will be laughable easy so people can get all the cards they paid money for.

And Heroic Mode with constructed decks will be ridiculous unfun because you can win basically against anything with Jade Druid and with Priest combo if the boss have an agro deck.

WHY they changed the adventure style for the last expansion of the year…? We just needed an upgraded and better Dungeon Run style adventure, not dropping everything…

The old adventure format (3 bosses per “chapter”) is so meh… Theres no replayability compared to that which you get with a dungeon run. Sometimes i like to revisit the other dungeon runs purely because i can make a completely custom deck every run, with unique treasures and Bob to add…

Now instead we got easy premade decks vs singular bosses…
Or expensive personal decks vs heroics…
Blah.

It wasn’t just laughably easy; except for a few sayings by Reno it wasn’t even fun imo.

2 Likes

Galakrond’s awakening is a big disappointment. I personally don’t like any of the play modes except solo so I prepurchased this adventure assuming it would have fun replayability like tomb of terror. Instead there is a normal mode with no replayability and a heroic mode that requires constructed decks to play. Seems more like a reason to sell some cards for constructed play than a solo adventure. Huge disappointment!

So what people think about the adventure…?

My main mode of play is singleplayer adventure, and I am HUGE disappointed by it.

Why after 2 bit dungeon run style adventure, with Uldum being an upgraded version of Assault on Dalaran, instead of we getting an even better dungeon run style adventure that fixes common complains, they simple did a supar and unfun old-style adventure…?

Seriously, if the devs wanted to test new formats for adventures, why they don’t waited for the next Rotation…!? They destroyed the story of the year made in the dungeon run adventure style for no reason…

Very disappointed by this new adventure and the huge waste of potential… I was already thinking about how the last chapter Galakrond boss would be cool with 5 different themed versions and the improved Bobs and treasures.

The Tavern Brawl leading to the Adventure was a BETTER adventure than Galakrond Awakening. (and fixed the main complain of losing one game and losing the entire run).

George and Karl, together again! :+1:

1 Like