Forsaken Lilian Continues to Do Damage after being Destroyed

I had a game where Forsaken Lilian, hit face when I had explosive trap as a secret, it proc’ed the secret, dealing damage to Lilian and the hero, and yet Lilian still dealt 4 damage to face when Lilian’s health was 0.

her deathrattle summons a 4/2 that immediately attacks

1 Like

Yes, I know, and that deathrattle that attacks immediately is the one I am talking about in the post

No, you said “Lilian still dealt 4 damage to face”.

So, where did the damage actually come from? Lillian, or the deathrattle minion?

You weren’t expecting explosive trap to kill both mobs, were you? That’s impossible, because they aren’t both in play at the same time.

Did you not read the first statement or the title? I specifically stated FORSAKEN Lilian, which is the name of the 4/2 that attacks immediately after INFILTRATOR Lillian dies. So any subsequent Lillian I mentioned should be referring to FORSAKEN Lilian.

I did not know that both minions were named Lilian. My bad.

This post needs to be way more specific. There’s absolutely no description of circumstances that would cause the underneath 4/2 to be on the board to begin with. How can anyone know what caused the situation to occur. HSReplay links or SS’s are always nice too.

The fun part about wording in mechanics is until directly defined by blizz its hard to know what they exactly mean. The “attack immediately” could very well mean the attack cant be stopped. whether it be on accident that way or intended functionality is hard to know. But as others have stated, if the original lillian attacked face and procced trap, it will kill top then the bottom will hit you. If the top one attacked a minion which procced the bottom lillian which attacked your face, it could be that attack can’t cancel on the turn it comes into play. if the bottom 4/2 was just sitting on the board then it should have died. But you can see why specifics matter, As i listed 3 completely different situations and I have no idea what your board state was actually like. Was this in standard or wild? Was there a minion on board that increases health, IE stormwind champion? where when the 4/2 comes out its actually a 5/3, in which case explosive wont kill it.

1 Like

I see, I will remember all that the next time If I encounter a bug, so the more specifics are: this is a standard rank game on mobile, INFILTRATOR Lillian attacked into one of my minions, they both died. INFILTRATOR Lillian summons FORSAKEN Lillian, which then proceeds to hit face, which I had Explosive Trap as a secret. The Explosive Trap activates dealing 2 Damage to FORSAKEN Lillian which had 2 Health and there was no way FORSAKEN Lillian would gain an extra health at the board state at that time. So the reason why I think there is a bug is because when a minion that has 2 health or less and attacks face with Explosive Trap, the Explosive Trap will activate, killing the attacking minion, and the person who used Explosive Trap would take no damage, but in my case, the explosive trap did kill FORSAKEN Lillian, but instead of taking no damage, I stil took four damage, which was FORSAKEN Lillian attack at that time. I think “attack immediately“ should just mean attack immediately(lol) and follows the interaction as a normal attack and don’t deal dmg when the attacker dies to Explosive Trap. As for the SS, this is the first time I post anything on this forum, so I don’t know if this is the right website to get the hyperlinks from, or will it work or not, but here it goes anyway:

postimg.cc/gallery/HC82NHG

I had 20 HP before FORSAKEN Lillian hit my face. The reason why I am at 15 instead of 16 was because the enemy Rogue hit me with a dagger that is not buffed, as can be seen in the history bar when taking the SS.

That is much clearer, thanks! I certainly understand now why it feels like a bug. My guess would be that because Forsaken Lillian was forced to attack rather than attack normally, that caused the attack to still proceed, somehow.

Hmm, I wonder what happens if Infiltrator dies, and spawning the Forsaken somehow triggers a chain reaction killing it (such as friendly knife jugglers hitting enemy explosive sheep). HysteriA, you reading? :wink: