Fix your game, a statment from a HS season 1 player

Hey there,

Time to say “here we go again” but it is time to someone say something…

I am from the good old days of handlock and control warrior with Alexstrasza dominating the ladder, with Zoo also appearing to crush people in 7 turns and the good old Miracle Rogue with Leeroy Jenkins…

Then the Naxxramas showed up and the game was fantastic with the new cards, every deck used to stand a chance against each others!

Some time after Naxxramas comes Grand Tournament and new cards bring new life to Hearthstone and new decks were built, Naxxramas out and we get to play with Grand Tournament and right after I decided to quit the game as I didn’t have much more fun playing the game.

In 2019 I decided to open my account and see what is happening, out of a sudden I notice most of my cards are now in wild, useless and worthless of dust, I had to disechant my lovely Sylvanas Windrunner, one of my favourite cards since ever, and I made a few decks according to some websites with better % win rate. And so I built the Control Warrior Elysianna, kept my Zoo and updated it and then built Mech Hunter and Midrange Hunter! I am now READY!

I join the first game and the first thing that comes in my face is a mage and I immediatly thought “damn, I didn’t check what’s going on with mage but let’s keep up!” and out of a sudden on turn 4 the mage played about 8 spells and a card called “Cyclone” that gave him another 8 random spells, ok fine it’s just 8 spells and a 3/2 and 2/2 on board, I clear it and right after comes a Mountain Giant on turn 5, ok looks like good old Handlock turn 4 giant but on turn 5, I didn’t have any counter yet but I waited one more turn to see the draws, out of a sudden a 2/2 legendary minion appears and on turn 6 he got a full board of mountain giants. I immediatly proceed to concede because I remember Molten Giant was nerfed because “It was too strong” or even Leeroy Jenkins combo “was too strong” and now I am facing 6 Mountain Giants on turn 6, even a Warrior will struggle but ok, just a bad game, let’s go on the next, and I face a Paladin! I head about this!!! A Mech Control Paladin! On turn 4 here comes a 0/5 egg, useless I thought, let it be on board, out of sudden a 5 minion cost 5-5 magnetic turns a 0/5 egg into 5/10 that if I kill him it turns into an 8/8 that can ALSO be magnetized, guess what happens, yes, he did magnetize the 8/8 with Zilliax and in 7 turns a “Control Mech Paladin” crushed a Zoo deck! I procceed to pick my Control Warrior, my alltime favourite, the old Alexstrasza → Grommash combo! This is by far my favourite combo of all times (now useless and forgotten in the minds of old players like me) and as a warrior I face another Control Mech Paladin, killing every minion from him, out of a sudden, a 7 cost card legendary summons 3 over buffed magnetized minions, just before I killed a bunch of them 2 or 3 times after so many summon this and summon that, I just had to deal again with that crap with deathrattles!

So Blizzard, not only you STILL don’t give the chance to players to rebuild decks by giving the dust back for the cards (I still don’t understand why the cost is not the same in crafting and uncrafting, if I get tired of a deck I can’t literally build anything) and you not only take away the chance of players not building decks that crush the meta but also don’t fix your god damn game by balancing the decks! Zoo and Mech hunter can only win based on 3 cards mulligan and we are talking about get a luck in 3 cards of 30, which is either Keep or Trade and then pray to RNGods to get lucky, no matter what if you fail the mulligan, you will lose, right now I am immediatly conceding on turn 4 if I don’t get draws vs Paladins/Mages/Rogues with this new summon, re-summon, re-re-summon and magnetize stupid decks that go on putting over 2 minions 8/8 plus every turn before turn 10… And yeah, HANDLOCK WAS BROKEN BY GOING 10 HP TO USE MOLTENS OMEGALUL, fix your god damn game and balance the decks OR give every player the DESERVED DUST for every card, WHY would I craft for 1600 and the get only 400 out of it?

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

16 Likes

Because they want you to buy packs.

4 Likes

After 5 years, as I said I quit after Grand Tournament, but before and after (now I bought 2 special offers 1 of 5€ and other of 20€) I did already buy enough packs for a “f2p” player as I am and surely there are others who spent a bit less or a bit more, this complete shows how Blizzard doesn’t even care about the game neither players that don’t invest over 500€ every expansion…

EDIT: And why would they what that sytem? Is like you craft this card for 1600 dust, you get tired you get 400 dust but if you want another legendary you have to open about 7 to 10 packs to get 1 legendary for another 400 dust and probably another 300 dust on common/rare cards, that is just bad and completely shows off the bad company Blizzard is, not only not giving chance to new / old / f2p players but only caring about the pay2win players.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

1 Like

Naxxaramus literally had the most dominant deck ever according to Blizzard (up through MSoG) in undertaker Hunter. Play rate was near 30% and WR (including mirrors) was 55%-ish if memory serves. The data tracking sites for archetypes haven’t seen anything get close to that combo of play rate and win rate.

Why abandon Wild when you had a ton of resources there? Unless you’re trying to play tournament level HS I don’t understand why you did this… but c’est la vie

Gold/dust sink to get resources out of the game. If they didn’t do this then you could just rotate decks and never pay. I mean, it’d be great for us but it’d be bad for long-term monetization of the game probably.

As for the Cyclone Mages, etc. other value generating tools that has been added since TGT… yes… power spikes are a lot more of a thign since TGT. Blizzard has decided to embrace resource generation as a primary tool in many decks… basically embracing the ability for Digital to do things which physical games cannot do. I wouldn’t expect this to change any time soon… it is why I play HS for relaxation and MtG:A for focused gameplay… because each games is focused on a different mindset/play system to me.

Edit:
The argument for HoF was to get rid of universal strategies so they could rotate class focuses and (maybe?) identities for awhile. Also the Molten Giant nerf was reverted in Wild =)

2 Likes

I will answer to each paragraph you made by order:

1st: Naxxaramus was the first expansion and big card release, the game wasn’t even popular back then, just compare 2014 WC with 2018… Is like comparing LoL season 1/2 to season 8/9 and saying season 8/9 is better than 2 (which is just stupid even tho the time went by)

2nd: I want to play standard because there is less to learn, less cards to build (my cards there were really old and outdated) and so I want to keep up with meta and not being stuck in wild which looks less favourable in terms of match ups.

3rd: It does make sense however they keep making adventures, people still buy packs, people still buy the expansions, arena runs, people still buy the skins for heroes, come on, is it asking much for dust worthy cards?

EDIT: I don’t mean to disrespect you, but Blizzard is not caring about any player but the pay 2 win ones.

2 Likes

Before I jump back on my stuff:

True, but you said “every deck could beat every deck” and that wasn’t the case. Undertaker Hunter had a strangelhold on the meta. That was literally the only expansion I completely quit. There are other expansions/metas where I went into ‘maintenance mode’ (only playing quests) but Undertaker Hunter got to the point where it was so common and strong and nothing dealt with it well.

Understandable if those were your goals. As for matchups… ehhh… Wild is more warped around a long-term strong deck in Big Priest but I wouldn’t say one is highly more polarized and Standard does have the issue where usually 2ish classes are not very capable. On the flip-side Wild has that issue with archetypes.

Adventures, like Heist, are new. They had them with cards, ditched that and made them free, and now re-added them with a cost. That might have enough revenue to help.

With your dust desire though (1:1 ratio) you wouldn’t need to buy packs anymore as I could just rotate decks. I have no clue on arena runs but I hope no one spends money on these, lol. As for skins… I don’t think these worked too well as a stand alone purchase. Obviously neither of us know the financials but after the initial three $10 heroes they’ve never released stand alone ones after them so I can’t imagine that they sold well but that is just an assumption on my part, obviously.

None taken =)

I don’t remember precisely and every deck of that time but I do remember the Zoo, Druid and Control Warrior being positive aswell, for sure Hunter was kind of broken, but all the other decks were also viable, not like now… where you either are a meta slave or you are stuck on your actual skill level because you don’t have enough money/packs/gold/dust to get out of your skill level. For example, I am sure pro players can get to legend with almost no pay 2 win but I sure can’t, the best I reach was rank 1 and rank 2 multiple seasons back in the days where I had pretty much a lot of cards, nowadays I can barely hit rank 7/8 with the Control Warrior, Zoo and Mech Hunter, which is already being meta slave because I get perma crushed by Mages, Paladins and Rogues, I am not saying I cannot win any, but it is becoming frustrating to face such decks as I don’t find any guide in order to counter them… Plus, you can’t just ban or predict the deck you will face so you can’t counter like in LoL or any other game where you see picks/bans and so on…

My point is, they need to balance the decks the way they did like Handlock, OTK Mage, Miracle Rogue and so on, these decks were broken and by that means the nerfed them, why not realizing this new magnetic and summon decks are super broken compared to the “normal” and already existing ones? We must adapt to the meta, we must think outside the box but before thinking outside the box we have to think inside of it, and blizzard for sure isn’t…

We surely don’t know their revenue but it isn’t small just by new players and especially pro players appearing every new season and tournament, that player for sure has a large amount of cards, that being said, he is paying to play on that level and the more pros, the more revenue on packs opened they have, not even mentioning new players or old like me that see good prices for 10x packs and spent some euros to get back on track or just get started… They do make money, don’t get mistaken, if the ratio can’t be (1:1) it should at least be (2:3) so for every 1600 spent and if you get tired of the card you would get like ~ 1000 dust, instead of the miserable 400 dust… Imagine this, my Control Warrior is now worth 11.000 dust, if I do uncraft it I will get a bit more than 3000 dust, was this worth? After all the time and work spent on the deck, I get this miserable amount of dust? It’s just a joke and making fun of your face, as a f2p player…

Thank you for your comprehension and constructive post!

I am not a fan of the dust system, it is tilted. I personally don’t think altering this mechanic is necessary though. An approach towards daily’s and gold generation is more akin to the problem. With this thought I think that parallel with daily’s/gold generation, the actual pack reward system should be looked at. The ratio of common duplicates, compared to even a single epic is skewed.

The incentive to grind for 50 gold for a single daily in most cases does not adequately reward the player when investing that gold into a pack, that will generally not provide substantial reward.

Maybe some sort over overhaul of card/reward/gold is more in order, than having to adjust the equality of dust amount vs card. Although this could also be looked at. I do think crafting a gold common for 400 dust, only to have 50 upon return for disenchantment is…bad?

2 Likes

Pretty much the buying/crafting/getting cards system is rigged for p2w, I get it but it is way too much in the current meta, new players either invest tons of money or can’t keep up with the meta changing almost every 4/5 weeks

1 Like

Any proof that your a season 1 player?
And woah a season 1 player complaining about not having cards? You had about 30 seasons of time to play arena.
With your logic of crafting and disenchanting cards, every player will always craft the T1 decks and the game will be about 10 decks, at lest now players are forced a little to play with what they have…
Hearthstone for a card game is really really cheap… if you play arena…
Meanwhile yu-gi-oh, pokemon, MTG, Shadowverse will cost you your life, health and job if you want a legit card collection.

HS is a nightmare of a game, too unreliable, too unbalanced, too unpredictable, too stupid. I moved on to MTG Arena, guess what, no stupid OP cards or random crap that creates ungodly amount of GIANTS or deathrattle that never die, or heroes with unlimited armor. I feel sorry for the fools who keep playing HS, chasing a ghost of a game.

BTW, what Blizz did to rogues in the latest nerf is total [Edited by Blizzard]. Rogue has been [Edited by Blizzard].

Rouge just needed a cold light oracle nerf… i can agree that the prep nerf is just dumb no other words to pick…

1 Like

Is it ftp?

20charsssss

I don’t know which part of the first post you misread but you are clearly not reading anything or just posting to tilt someone.

By the way, #2574 is my log and I can show season 2 back card if you may, I missed season 1 as I was not a very good player nor had the cards in the first month. Still I don’t understand why I have to prove you anything, omegalul.

Then I said I quit after TGT which means I quit in 2015 and cameback 4 years later (2019) and all my cards were gone, inclunding class/general cards like Doomguard, Sylvanas and so on.

I am sure you can not also read the part where I mentioned "My Warrior deck is worthy 11k + dust and if I get rid of it I can barely make a bit over 3k, which means its worthless to uncraft a previous T1 deck to build HALF or A THIRD of another T1 deck in the current meta of this past month, meanwhile I have to wait nerfs or just the year of the new animal to play my old deck with some new cards because for sure the old ones are not giving me any chance of winning.

EDIT: My concerns about getting new decks is not because they are expensive or cheap, the point here is: HS is a game where the meta changes every month to 2 months, so that means that in a year you have around 8 to 12 different metas and you either adapt or you lose and get stuck on a skill level that is actually yours, for instance when Zoo was super broken in 2014 I managed to get easily rank 2/3 with it, now with Zoo I can barely get out of rank 8, it is not because the deck is bad, simply I am not skilled enough to beat the actual meta with Zoo to go further than rank 8, which is stupid because I could in 2014 and I consider myself smarter than 2014 and wiser in general game sense, this being said, how do you expect F2P players to change their decklist every 2 months to play according the meta with the dust being 1/4 of the price? They just can’t, every common you make you lose 35 dust, every rare you lose 80 dust, every epic 300 and every legendary you lose 1200 dust, if your deck gets super nerfed just because one card you didn’t lose 1600 dust or 800 dust like Prep for example, you lost a WHOLE deck worthy of over 10k dust because these cards MAY BE useful later on, but for now they are useless, shall you stop play because the deck got useless? No, you should be able to “sell” your deck and have the opportunity to adapt to the meta, thats why the 2:3 ratio should be better than this current one.

Meantime you say that I had 30 seasons to play the Arena, as every month is a season, since I play since season 1 and I barely have more than 6 pages of card backs, means I missed most of the seasons due to the fact that every expansion would cost more than 20€ and after Naxxaramus I would not put more money into expansions as I took the game for fun and not for professional/grinding manners, it would be pointless to spend my whole wage on this game.

I am not asking you to understand what I mean, in fact I couldn’t care less what a guy with 0 arguments and valid points cares, especially when you just comment attacking my person and what I wrote.

And btw, did I even talk about yu-gi-oh? Pokemon? Or whatever? No, this is Blizzard and Hearthstone, I couldn’t care less about the money spent on other games, in fact, that’s the most retarded argument you could have brought because for example League of Legends, as a Season 1 player as well, I have all champions and yes I did spent tons of money in there, and by that I have more champions than a guy that started today or even a month ago, at least, if he didn’t spend at least 50% of what I spent.

I precisely quit in 2015 because it was getting out of hand, silly me that I decided to comeback.

Your right its a nightmare of unbalance, and full of stupid shenanigans. But then you defend kingsbaine rogue? One of the worst culprits of unbalance and shenanigans…

2 Likes

We as the forum people should really make a megathread about Blizzard fixing their game. give it so much attention they definitely see it and push a response.

Who knows? Might work. Gotta be BIG though.

3 Likes

An original player who comes back to find out there is a split between standard and wild cards…

and he still thinks wild cards are “useless and worthless of dust”

the cringe :laughing:

1 Like

Even if you could get enough people to agree on specific issues to fix (and how to fix them), you’d still get the same response that other megathreads got. Just ask the auto-squelch people how that worked out.

4 Likes

You are right, I suppose.

No need to ask myself. shivers

1 Like

How exactly is it “rigged”? Apart from a couple of adventures I bought in the long forgotten times (last one I bought with real money was League of Explorers) I relied on my gold for everything, and I have 5 viable decks in different classes and I can craft most of the decks on HSReplay by disenchanting some trash legendaries/epics I have.