Fix the S Pen in Android version of the game!

For three straight updates, there is no fix for S Pen in Android phones (namely Galaxy Note series). After each update, I have written to the support and I got only vague responses of “bug being ackgnowledged”, “team has been assigned” and since october 2019 nothing. (I can add ID of all cases if anyone from support is interested, this forum is dead so I think nobody from Blizz will answer…)Issue magically dissapeared from the Known Issue List 2020 updated Mar 10th, so nobody will solve it? In my last talk with support, I suggested code comparsion so you can bring back function which was isolated to the other parts of the game and working. I got pretty ironical reply, that I should apply for a programmer job at Blizzard if I am such an expert! Well, this is what I call great support. Well played! (BTW its issue of an Hearthstone Android app, do not blame Samsung or mobile operators or I-don’t-know-who)

5 Likes

I have the same issue, but thought it was a bug from my device, not HS. Please fix the!

1 Like

updated for visibility. Today is the day number 143 from since the day this bug first occured. Still no fix! Yes, day 143!
1st case from january (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/case/detail/69738936) - “The good news is that our Development Team and Quality Assurance Department are already working on a solution which will be available as soon as possible” - don’t think so…
2nd case from march (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/case/detail/70805794) - " I can see the issue is still under investigation as it seems it is somethign that not that easy for the developers to sort out"

I suggested rollback code for S Pen handling, because it was working for nearly 6 years without faults. And that I got reply, that I should apply for a job because “Blizzard is always looking for a talent”

So. In january, team was already creating solution and in march, issue is still in investigation? Something clearly insn’t right…

1 Like

Yo Blizzard, please fix this!

1 Like

Ok, day 144 here. So thanks for all support replies I got, I have made some resarch and here is the results. Accoring to Unity issue tracker (please search on google term " Input.GetKey returns false when S-Pen is being used on Samsung device"), there is bug in Unity engine prior to version 2020.1, which doesn’t correctly accept S Pen. So, question is… when will HS upgrade to unity 2020.1?

2 Likes

Really miss the S pen function in Hearthstone.

1 Like

Hi, is there any chance this will be fixed?
Have this problem with my s7 tab / s pen too…

1 Like

well i was looking for a new tablet to play hearthstone on it. The galaxy tab devices made me curious if it was playable with the s pen. Can’t believe how long Blizzard takes to fix this problem.

and People if you have the same problem. Please contact support. The more people complaining, makes the problem more visible.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have Samsung Note 20 Ultra and Samsung tablet s7 +.

I asked the same question 8months ago. They said: “We know there is a bug in HS with S-Pen. We will fix it as soon as possible” :joy:

I don’t know what they are doing there, but i know im not alone with this problem.

Is it so hard to make iy work? Seriously?

Come on Blizz… do ur fkg job and fix this!

Bumping because it’s February 2021 and I can play every game on my tablet using the S Pen except Hearthstone. Please, it’s been a long time and nothing beats playing this game with a pen.

1 Like

still an issue on my s7 with s pen. please fix this!

June 2021 still no S Pen fix. Just got a new galaxy tab S7 plus and didn’t know about this until I tried to play using it.

July 2021, still no fix about spen drag in Samsung galaxy’s phones ans tablets. Blizzard could we have an update for this annoying issue please ?

1 Like

Just got a s7 tablet, what a small bug with such a huge impact for tablet users! I can’t believe this

I’d just like to add this isn’t just a Samsung issue. While it’s true it doesn’t work on my Tab S7 plus, it also doesn’t work with my M-pen for my Huawei phone.

i bought a s-pen for my samsung fold 3 and Im having the same issue, the pen doesnt work, would really like to see this issue being resolved. Is the bug that hard to fix?

Almost 2 years later, still can’t use the S pen, this is crazy. Hey Blizzard, you seeing any of this? Rather upsetting!

Still not working, super lame.

They fixed it? Never thought this would happen!