Fix that Hill BIlly OTK!

Fix that Hill Billy OTK, after waiting for 5 minutes for its animation to finish, since I had ice block I wasn’t dead BUT, I was left with 15 seconds play time on my turn??? From the game that cost an arm and a leg I would expect a bit more
!S H A M E!

4 Likes

agreed in twenty char…

One of the devs was on Regis’s stream yesterday and said they’re already looking at it. They don’t usually care about wild but apparently turn 6 OTKs get their attention.

1 Like

the devs view on wild nerfs are:
" There are situations where a deck makes an unfun experience for most of the population where we step in and make a change, but our bar for what that means is a little higher than standard specifically because of the identify of the mode I just described. (Source)"

so yes, turn 6 otk will fall under that category

1 Like

It’s super easy to counter with an ice block or a rat, but still, having 15 second on my turn, what the hell!

You have no idea the sheer level of hope you’ve given me just now. Thank you. Really. Thank you.

btw doesn’t the billy get pushed back by freezing trap?

Calamity, With all due respect - Super easy to counter? LOL 3 card combo. There are two of each card. Witchwood piper helps with draw. No legendaries needed. Priest and warlock have raise dead if dirty rat comes and you kill a needed minion. Priest also have seance.

THIS COMBO LITERALLY BREAKS THE GAME BY SKIPPING YOUR TURN IF YOU HAVE ICE BLOCK, IMMUNITY, OR A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF ARMOR.

Super easy to counter…nope.

3 Likes

like ppl love to say in those tickatus threads…aggro solve the problem…there no difference to this than dark glare(turn 5 otk since board unclearable)…malygos druid(turn 6 otk too)…tickatus destroying the entirety of key cards to win…res priest with immortal board since blood of ghun…secret mage with unstoppable burst//steam

so ya…dev wont do nothing about tiller either…why would there be a sudden care when they shown no care to other broken cards ?

Because this is cheap to do. They want you to do expensive combos so you buy more packs xD. You can do this with 2000 gold and 300 dust if you’re missing everything. and have any amount of cards. So you can build the deck with almost no investment naturally while playing the game.

In most broken decks you need epics and legendaries, here you just need 1 or 2 common 1 or 2 rares and 1 or 2 epics, depending on whether you’re a priest or warlock. And the epics you can get naturally, meaning no need for packs.

2 Likes

Yes it is, been doing it every single game since yesterday so learn to play.

1 Like

Not to make this a tickatus thread but tickatus decks are usually weak against aggro. Tickatus comes out at 8 mana - aggro games end before then.

For Tiller nothing is strong against this deck. Maybe rogue. And that’s it. That is a small pool of success.

So yes. Tiller needs to be addressed.

1 Like

I think it well die to the usual super agro openings by turn 4. It’s just that it’s so popular right now that the outcry is huge.

If you’re playing rogue you can tech Flik Skyshiv and Tiller, so that you Flik on your Tiller. Doesn’t work very often but I just wanted to point it out. XD

Edit: so far I’ve been queued into 2 opponents with the tiller combo and I managed to disrupt it both times. So yeah it’s kinda great :slight_smile: (I’m playing reno rogue btw). Edit: 3 opponents disrupted in a row, wow! Btw I’m running Polkelt to draw Skyshiv and Witchwood Piper to draw Tiller.

1 Like

Because you are comparing apples to carrots here.

The only people who piss and moan about Tickatus are those who play convoluted combo decks like Malygos or Mecha’thun. If you are playing face or midrange, Tickatus is a non-factor by the time he would be played - I would like to know when something like a Demon Hunter would actually give a **** about Tickatus?

The Wretched Tiller OTK? The Hearthstone developers absolutely **** the bed here. Overnight, they have unleashed a combo that not only has become the third Tier S deck in the history of the game (meaning you are at a huge disadvantage for not using the combo), but the combo is super easy to set up, absolutely no way to reliably counter it, has a consistent winrate around 80% against anything not using that setup, and, to add insult to injury, ****ing makes you skip the turn if you somehow manage to survive it unless you manually disconnect from the game and pray you reconnect.

Oh, I am so ****ing sorry, I didn’t know that a legendary that 95% of the playerbase has no issue with is somehow comparable to a ****ing combo that is warping the meta in one of the formats. If this was Standard, this board, both Hearthstone Reddits, and the majority of the YouTube/Twitch streams would be absolutely swamped with practically the entire playerbase demanding that the ***es of the Hearthstone developers being put in pillories.

Do you have any ****ing clue now as to how bad this situation is?

2 Likes

tbf against anything other than control, if you ever have time to actually play a corrupted tickatus without getting punished then you are already winning

1 Like

Dear Taco,

Take your meds.

Sincerely,
Me

just as bad as any of the other broken cards…and once again using tickatus againts deck whose he dont matter(M’alygos//c’thun) which are turn 6 otk where he cant even do his effect…you cant play ticka if your dead by the otk b4 you even get the chance to corrupt him…and who care about aggro ? like every other idiots dropping comment like this your alway forgetting control and mid-range exist…like libram pally//evolve shaman(mid-range)…reno locks//reno priest…others decks of the sort

and whining only for tiller when dark glare has a turn 5 otk that cant be deal with with ? so mr smart guy…tell me how to clear a board of 25/25 stats on turn 5 when your spells all cost from 6 to 10 mana from Loatheb effect…and how can you even think thats any different from tiller ? same goes for decks like Malygos druid and c’thun rogue which can otk by turn 6

i think your the one entirely clueless here between you and me…you have absolutly no idea where Tickatus actually shine…you deny the existence of other decks doing exactly the same as tiller otk…keep reddit out of the picture…ppl tend to not pay attention to every problem cards

the situation were bad even b4 tiller became a thing…that dont make no difference with the other broken stuff…start by acknowledging the other issues b4 whining on a new one

If you take a good look at the combo outside of very special situations limited to two classes you are basically SOL. As annoying as Shudderwock is at least you had a clue it was coming but this thing can come out of nowhere on turn 6 and you are dead. A worse version is the turn 9 combo where Shrinkmeister can be added to the mix giving Tiller 0 attack and do it doesn’t kill any minions.

Ah yes, you are still comparing apples to carrots.

I see that you don’t play Wild, so of course you have no idea what you are talking about. Anyone who has played Darkglare Warlock can attest that their biggest weakness is that they cannot lose the board under any circumstances. They lose the board, they are screwed. They lose Darkglare, they are screwed. And please enlighten me on how Loatheb is going to stop me from a Flame Ward I discounted off of Kabal Lackey. Or a ****ing Duskbreaker in Priest. Hell, how the hell is it going to help against a Hunter using Explosive Trap? There’s a multitude of workarounds to deal with Darkglare, you’re just too lazy to even try. Besides, Darkglare doesn’t even have an OTK in it, you massive tool. It might have had one at one point, but it doesn’t anymore.

Apparently, not only do you not play Wild, you don’t play Hearthstone at all.

Allow me to educate you on the game you apparently know nothing about.

I was around when you had Giantslock basically running amok in Wild, boosted by a shadow buff that was repeatedly ignored for nine months. I was around when you basically auto-conceded against a Druid because they usually ran the Toggwaggle/Star Aligner packages. I was around when SN1P-SN4P Warlock became the first true Tier S deck. This I rank right up there with the Giantslock pre-nerf. That should ****ing clue you in on how bad this combo is.

So Tickatus triggers you because your precious combo deck suffers because of it? Cry me a ****ing river and complain to someone else who gives a damn. The alleged issues that you claim that Tickatus creates for the game are a speck in the petri dish compared to the massive problem that the Wretched Tiller/Deathspeaker/Hysteria combo has created

1 Like