Fastest Concede?

I’d like to share a story on the forums that is not an auto-concede. Everybody has seen that where someone quits because they assume you’re playing whatever the netdeck flavor of the month happens to be. Feel free to share similar stories if you wish.

TL:DR - Ruined a Quest Shaman’s night.

I was playing a Cyclone Quest Mage that I saw Kibler running on stream. I ran into a Shaman player and was going first. My opening hand was the quest, Ancient Mysteries and a Flame Ward (the card I got on Mulligan). My first draw was my 2nd Flame Ward so I was thinking “wow, this Ancient Mysteries just got a lot worse”. My opponent coined out EVIL Totem and my eyes lit up. I had 1 Counterspell and 1 Ice Barrier in my deck. I drew neither secret, so now it’s a 50/50. I played Ancient Mysteries, drew a 0 mana Counterspell, played it and literally sat on the edge of my seat waiting for my opponent’s reaction. He played the quest, it got countered, he played his lackey he got on Turn 1 and conceded. One of the few times I’ve actually audibly laughed at something that went down in game.

11 Likes

rogue vs warlock

turn 1,

me: swashburglar into demonic project

opp: pass

turn 2

me: demonic project: opponent mechathun into a succubus

opp: “your soul shall suffer” concede

7 Likes

That’s about one of the only situations that could work in standard today. Old era of quests when MSoG was out a mage could do turn 1 counterspell against any class. Shaman is about the only one who has a good reason to hold quest if they went 2nd and that’s that very situation since most classes can’t seem to handle a turn 1 EVIL Totem.

Yeah that was hillarious i remember back during un’goro a friend of mine played secret mage and when the rogue about to play the completed quest card it gets countered

1 Like

I once burned the old Rogue quest playing Druid by filling my opponent’s hand with Naturalize (RIP). He played his 5th copy of Novice Engineer, which drew his hand back to 10 cards and then milled the quest. It took him a few seconds to process his mistake before he conceded.

1 Like

Similar to the warlock discard quest, some players discarded too many cards near completion and you can guess what happened… lots of them ended up discarding their own quest reward by mistake.

2 Likes

and…

stopped reading at that point.

During Un’Goro and the times of the unnerfed Quest Rogue, I was using a homebrewed Secret Mage (before it was cool, of course! :laughing: ). During the match, went first and played Cabal Lackey + Counterspell. Instead of using The Coin, the Rogue played his Quest and got countered.

Instant and extremely gratifying concede. :dark_sunglasses:

1 Like

I concede when I see a Mage and Priest portrait.

And I force close the app when Shudderwock is played.

Usually, my fastest concedes are if I’m playing Hunter and get a god hand.

Me: Priest

Opponent: something irrelevant

Turn 1: opponent thought I was big priest and conceded turn 1 when I was actually playing combo

Yeah, cool story I know

Quest rogue was so op back then it could get its quest countered and still beat u

A year ago, I had a Priest Mind Vision my Murloc Quest.

He was a Murloc Priest and proceeded to COMPLETE THE QUEST before I did and got Megafin.

It was epic. I felt bad because he still lost, I had Gentle Megasaurs (adapt all your murlocs) and Hagatha come at the right times.