Evolve Shaman feedback

Every games its the same, they generate huge board from T5, drop 1-2 mogu and BANG , colossus of the moon, deathwing, or they just revolve for malygos and what’s not. Destroy your minion with their rush , then evolves them into huge board that you can’t manage. If by insane luck you have the card to deal with it turn 5/6 they ll just recreate one, because their deck is so damn consistent. Don’t have the weapon, can tutor it. Don’t have tutor, can revolve their mogu / rabbits . Don’t have rabbit? Can play the new 3/2 for 5 that create tokens.

Well, just some feedback. Is there some hardcounter to that, outside of face deck?

3 Likes

Well try playing something with a board clear then or weapon removal /stealing.
They aren’t something annoying honestly.

1 Like

Decks like evolve shaman are horrible for the game. We don’t need more RNG.

3 Likes

It hardly has a big amount of rng. The revolve card does as it says.
You want rng ?

Go play mage ,getting same cards expansion after expansion ,and to think I was maining that class.

2 Likes

Have been thinking about crafting the corrupt warlock deck. does it work?

1 Like

I played a few times against it ,it isn’t anything spectatular ,maybe a tier 2.
Played against it a few times with a Priest ,he burned 10 cards from me ,he reached fatigue three turns after me.

There is just not enough threats in that deck for control - control matchups.
Also played against it as rogue ,got a big van cleef early ,he couldnt remove it with darkskies because other minions.

Maybe needs more refinement. I am still on the fence on crafting the cards for it.

Okay, thanks. I’ll be on the lookout for a cheap control deck if I can find one.

5 minutes before DF - We Want competitive shaman
DF release
5 minutes after - Nerf shaman
No one expected this

7 Likes

you get far just by reading the gamestate and being proactive. if you notice they are setting up for an evolve: just put pressure on the board, force them to either deal with your board or risk massive damage by ignoring your pressure and gambling on their evolve.

Wait getting random minions is hardly rng. Are you serious lol wow.

1 Like

problem is shaman can go from no board against 3/4 small minion to full board and cleaning your, as soon as turn 5 /6 .

2 Likes

and you are very much capable of denying that if you plan your turns ahead, which is why shamans winrate has droped a lot on high legend in the last days and why shaman is likely droping to tier 2 in next meta report

2 Likes

Here is my feedback: The team five designers lurch from one busted class to another. They don’t know the definition of the word balance. Shaman is an overpowered mess, and Mage is only fit for masochists to play.

2 Likes

fun fact: the only relevant change this expansion was that shaman can search their weapon now, everything else in their decks is on the same power level as before

2 Likes

That may be so. It does not change the fact that Shaman is too good as is.

1 Like

Shaman isn’t overpowered. I’ve played all of their meta decks and neither is as strong as Pure Paladin or Soul DH.

They have very few ways to recover the board once they’ve lost it, and no way to clear an opponent’s big board. You draw even slightly bad and you’re stuck twiddling your thumbs.

2 Likes

No, there’s Revolve now.

Well, I did what others told me to do and now I can go back to Wild.
Standard is a dumpster fire just like always.
Wild is OP too, but at least I can play what i like and have cards for.
And, it’s supposed to be busted, unlike Standard.

1 Like

yes, but consistent access to the weapon is the big change. there are lists on high legend that doesnt even run revolve and hares and is trying totem packages and galakrond packages instead

edit: for those interested this is one list from a top 10 legend player (Leta):

AAECAaoIApzOA9zbAw6BBO4G1KUD+aUD2KkD6LADgrED27gD3bgDlrkDm80D8NQDqd4Dqt4DAA==

The most effective way to handle Evolve Shaman is to be proactive and drop minions in the first turns - preferably of the tall type (wide boards tend to be countered by Mogu).
It’s VERY easy to seize board control from an Evolve Shaman in the first 4 turns, the standard version barely plays anything, and the Totem opening requires totems (duh!) to stick so it gets countered the same way.
If you do this effectively, the Evolve Shaman really only has 2 outs, a big Lightning Bloom early play or a great Evolve.