Error : Netcache... Cannot connect

Cannot connect to the Hearthstone Server - App (on android) stops at the tavern doors:

“Closed. Your connectio timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone servers”.
In the top right, it says: HS:CT;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0;NetCacheCardValues=1

1 Like

Same error halting at Tavern doors:
“Closed. Your connection timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone servers”.
HS:CT;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0;NetCacheCardValues=1
Sept. 20, 2020
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4
Restarting Hearthstone or Battlenet does not solve the issue. Rebooting computer does nothing.
Have to force quite hearthstone process as it is unresponsive after the error message.

Having the same error in Jul 2021- happening for several months
Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone Utility Servers
HS:CT;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0;NetCacheCardValues=1
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

Tried un/reinstalling battle.net and hearthstone

I can SUCCESSFULLY connect to Europe region but this error happens when connecting to Americas region

Same here since the update

Hey there,

Thank you all for taking the time to report this error. The “Netcache” error indicates that your game client was not able to connect to the game server. You can try testing an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN to help determine if the problem is isolated to your current network.

If the issue is resolved when using an alternate network, at that point we can only recommend contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance determining what is causing the issue to occur on that specific network. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings or temporarily replace the network devices in your home to narrow it down further. I always recommend requesting to be forwarded to a “level 2 or level 3 technician” when contacting the ISP since the front-line representatives typically only have access to basic diagnostics and troubleshooting tools.

I am also having this problem for 2 days now.
I am using Xfininty for my ISP and had no problem until 7/5
I was able to play 1 game on 7/4 and then nothing.

This is on my Windows Laptop. I can connect fine on my mobile.

RESOLVED :: File folder C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone\in_game_message_box_hub.igm.json

This file was corrupt and not able to be read from upon removing it and restarting Hearthstone I was able to get back into the game - Try this drop a reply if it worked !!

hope tis works for any of you as it did for me.