Elysiana nerf does not solve anything

In a control warr matchup whoever has the coin, on paper wins in fatigue. And for shaman you still have access to 2 elysiana through shudderwock while others don’t.

4 Likes

Correction.

On the Warrior mirror, whoever runs Mecha’Thun wins.

9 Likes

Luck sometimes betrays you when they pull off a saboteur into boomship then shield slam your mechathun.

I was butthurt about this at first too until I realized Elysiana nerfs were actually a warrior buff. Think about it, why does anyone run a bounce for Elysiana? Not for matches against control shamans but for mirror matches against another warrior. With the ability to run bounce gone, warriors don’t have to worry about mirror matches as much and could use that card space for a better card that counters hunters or something.

3 Likes

anything ? you would need a coin to play banker
doesnt sound as reliable as it is now

Saboteur is terrible, very few people run it.

But maybe Azalina Bomb Warrior is the better choice post nerf.

There are builds besides the Boomship combo.

That situation would not hurt me in the slightest

I don’t think warriors will be running cards that are only good in the mirror and then only half the time, I think MVPM is right, it’s a buff for warrior, they no longer have to tech marginal cards to win the mirror and can put something better in their decks.

I wasn’t surprised Ely got nerfed, just the thought of all those Esports execs watching endless Warrior mirrors as their viewer figures dwindle, veins throbbing on their temples! THAT has to stop right now!

I’m very glad tbh , games hitting the turn limit is just bad, not to mention the clown fiesta rng element, good riddance Ely, hopefully 9 mana has killed the card.

2 Likes

I like the flavor of the card but the ability to bounce it makes it unbearable. I think the mana increase will help warriors find better cards for that slot and maybe she will find a home elsewhere.

2 Likes

Running a card like baleful or panda that you can only use half the time due to coin seems not that great honestly.

1 Like

It is a 10mana legendary even at 4 cards discover, still way too cheap 1mana cost increase does nothing. It will have an affect on every 1000th games maybe.

I don’t think its terrible tbh. I think the card is actually very strong and underplayed. Several people did play it against me and it always did hit something that did hurt me. Its a really good card for control mirrors,an annoying body as well.

It usually plays my Myra’s Unstable Element for me when I am running low on cards. :ok_hand:

It isn’t terrible, it just has to be used very cautiously.

If mechathun decks ever got big again, it can guarantee a win against them by burning a key spell to summon/kill off mechathun.

Right now there just isn’t a deck that particularly demands the saboteur to be in your deck, so it is very high/low roll.

I look at the card as an insurance policy against spell based OTKs if they ever become popular enough like they were at the end of last year.

I agree. There is still mechanisms to get 2-3 elysianas. And even one elysiana is not fun. At first i thought, hey this is different and maybe interesting. But after playing a lot for two days i had too many matches that go for 30 mins. As much as i hate stupid a** aggro, this is much worse. This is boring. You know that everything goes to final card and elysiana plays and then it starts again and again. I usually only have about 30 mins to play a few matches per day and now it wastes all this time. I think Blizzard went too far wanting to make matches longer or more control.