Duels Button to Switch Between Wild/Standard

I love to play duels - unfortunately, I do not have the resources to craft all the wild cards. Tbh, I disenchant all of them as soon as they rotate out.
I came back to Hearthstone after the introduction of the standard format, since this makes the game way more f2p (which I am not, but the point is still valid^^) friendly and possible for newcomers, too.
Well, as said, I always loved the Dungeon Runs etc. Blizzard did. So I was super hyped for Duels!
Now I barely ever play it. Beacuse you always face the same netdecks, which are almost impossible to beat. And I am not a noob either, at least I manage to get legend quite easily.

So are there any plans from Blizzard’s site to make you choose - like in construced - to be able to switch between “Standard only cards” and “Wild Cards”?
I know that the possible card sets differ, so I might only have access two 2 sets, but I am fine with that, since everyone who only has standard cards has the same starting conditions.

Just my 2 cents.
Peace out

Probably not.

I dont think they want to split up the 5 ppl playing Duels even more.

3 Likes

Well, I still queue in people quite fast.
But I thinkthat the amount of people playing it would increase if they would even the playing field, e.g. make “Wild” sets optional. This - at least I think so - is the main reason, why a lot of people do not play Duels.
This could even attract new players :slight_smile:

Having Wild cards in your collection only affects the initial 15 cards you add. After that everyone gets offered cards from the same pool and their individual collection does not matter.

Creating two different formats for just the initial 15 cards would be silly and balancing treasures and buckets for both would be a ton more work.

Also, the mode was advertised as “This is a mode you’ll want to keep your Wild cards for even if you otherwise stick to Standard.”

Duels are/where pay to win and that already drove most people away from the mode.

yes, and that results resulting your first game against the best wild netdecks lol.
They don’t have to balance anything addtionally for standard, keep it like it is, but just keep the pool of cards smaller. Would still be fun. And as SuperGnu said, making it pay2win drove people away - barely anyone is going to spend extra money on wild cards just for duels, so I doubt their businessmodel is working there^^
And Duels could be an additional streamer niche, too - attracting more player who might pay for standard cards then.