Duel session creation failure

I’ve come across an error in the new Duels gamemode. When I tried to start a Heroic run, then quickly clicked regular during the animation. The game/account opens two sessions and seems to comes up with a notice every time you try and start duels. “Failed to create Duels session. Please try again later.” I’ve restarted my game, the battle.net client, and even logging out of my account completely. These things haven’t worked. Unless it’ll go away on its own, I am concerned it’s going to stay this way for some time.

9 Likes

I have the same problem. I tried to start 5 times the new mode with rewards and now I have 750 coin less without doing any game! How can I fix?

Exact same thing happened to me. Have you heard anything from support? Have been trying to start Duels to no avail since last night…

Same thing happened to me. Cant play duels.

1 Like

My game client allows me to purchase an entry for duels hero mode and completes transaction. Next the client crashes back to lobby screen and error message appears. “Failed to create duels session. Please try again later.” When i try again later, my entry ticket is goneand the client opens the tap to purchase window ready to take more money from me.
This bug appeared after the expansion rollout. Before rollout i coul play casual duels no problem. I have completely uninstalled and cleared cache and reinstalled multiple times, no difference. I can play all other modes and use all other elements of game client no problem. I am using a samsung smt580.
Its been 3 days now, support team closed my ticket and suggested i report my problem here . Support says they cant verify this issue.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue.
Initially failed to start using a free ticket, and since then I’ve tried 3 times and lost 150 gold each time.

MacOS 10.15.7

Hi,Yesterday I finished a ranked Duel and after it, I did not claimed the rewards and closed the game.Today I find that I cannot receive the rewards anymore and the interface is locked and can’t do anything. Many thanks

2 Likes

ya the same, at this time I’ve lost 900 coins trying to play. No one cares

2 Likes

Still no word regarding this. Multiple days with this issue going on - we can’t play duels. The game is broken. How do you guys expect to keep people interested when there’s so much negative stuff going on?

Same here. Game glitched out and crashed while entering duels, then showed up the error message when I tried again (costing me 300g in total). Support told me they can’t see any issues and I should come here. (also tried cleared all the logs and caches for both hearthstone and battlenet)

For people reporting they lost XYZ amount of gold when trying if it works, you can just try starting a regular duels run, without wasting 150 for each failed try.

I have the same issue, my phone fell asleep and when I try to get into Duels it just waits like I have rewards but there are none to choose.

I have the same issue. Installed the new expansion and haven’t been able to create any duel session whether in heroic or casual mode. Spent about 6-800g trying across multiple days, restarts, log outs, cache clearings. Luckily I’ve not been desperate enough to try real transactions.

No word from dev at all, been quite a few days now. I want my money back from buying tavern pass this season. This is terrible performance from a AAA developer

1 Like

same problem. I’ve lost 450 gold

1 Like

Don’t let this die people. Still no word. Congratz Hearthstone.

I also have lost 300 gold due to game creation failure, a GM responded to me and said I should get my gold back in a few days after the failure fully registers on the server.

1 Like

Same issue. GM support said to come report it here and they won’t refund gold. Can’t start a casual duel either.

1 Like

Same here, it’s been a week since i can’t play any duels. It says the same message “failed to create Duels session. Please try again later” and i wasted 300 gold trying on heroic runs

2 Likes

im having the same problem. I opened a ticket and was told to post on here. They reminded me they may or may ont anwser the forum. This is bs. I 80+$ for early access then the x pac comes out and i cant play the new game mode. when i click the button to play all i see is the message failed to create duels session. please try agian later. If I was a big streamer I bit they would fix this fast. but im a nobody and was told to post here. Hopfully i will get to play duels by the end of 2020.

I have same issue. Still going conversation with Blizzard support but with no result.