Druid, and the 99% of them playing token

Is there any reason not to just autoconcede when i see malfurion or Lunara appear as the enemy? I just can’t see a way to defeat infinite waves of value, tokens and eventual death as i cannot clear One of the insane amount of tokens… removal does not work as they have insane amounts of board refilling. I don’t want to play aggro but i doubt it’d work. Control is too slow…help?

It feels like there should have been nerfs to token druid, but for some reason there weren’t?

Can someone explain to me why 2/1 into 3 buffed minions into 5 buffed minions into a full board savage roaring me to death is not OP? :frowning:

Play Mage with a bit more freeze teched in and some board clears, no problems at all. 90% winrate.

Is far too slow. And far too dependant on drawing those freezes and clears… i feel :frowning: but most of all… i don’t want to play mage. Currently trying to get that heal druid thing to work…but i’ve tried with diffrent decks too with little to no luck. It feels as though my opponents have the right cards guarenteed at the start of the game. Feelsbad.

The better question is why aren’t you playing such an OP deck? Token Druid is probably one of the cheapest meta decks for RoS. There’s very little standing between you and token-based dominance.

Search your feelings, Tyani. You will know it to be true.

Join us in the Token Side.

10 Likes

Good try, but no, you won’t get free wins this way.

For those who is not aware of HSReplay: https://hsreplay.net/archetypes/7/token-druid

1. Token-druid is 88% of all druds.
  2. It has only 36% wins against Zoolock.
  3. Control Warrior is also a bad match-up.

Token druid’s such mediocre deck in this meta it surprises me that people above rank 5 are still desperately trying to make it work.

2 Likes

Token Druid is, as always, a fun deck that can get flashy wins. It’s not surprising that it is overrepresented.

There’s no kill like overkill.

Also, it doesn’t hurt that there are lots of ways to build it to the meta you are facing (doesn’t make it good, mind you, just interesting).

1 Like

In general aoe removal becomes more efficient the longer you wait but there is buffs to take into account. For warrior if you have warpath you can wait with it for long time. Use minions first to contest board and safe removal for as long as possible.

Not sure why you think it is mediocre o.O

Token Druid has always been a strong deck that really only feared Rogue (oof) and Zoolock (I’ll take my chances against Warrior w/ Giants version). The deck has a strong core that is effective.

Best deck? Ehhh… I don’t think so but I think it has one of the stronger shells in HS right now.

It is a fundamentally strong deck that is really easy to mitigate without tech - just through optimal play. It exists more to punish under/over trading than compete consistently at the top tables.

1 Like

Fully possible for certain. I am forcing myself to learn token in HS and MtG:A right now so I might be overestimating it a bit as Token decks are not something I find easy to judge power of.

Just concede. You are wasting your time. You cant deal with infinite buffing and never ending board fills unless you’re control warrior which is about as much “fun” as having the bird flu. The try-hards and do-gooders will tell you to just “xxxxxxx” but the advice is lame at best.

1 Like

and its cheap
cheap top tier decks are always popular

1 Like

There is no other playable druid deck but token. Blame the needs to ramp

2 Likes

Lame, but right lol

• Zoolock (best deck to beat Token Druid)
  • Control Warrior
  • Control Shaman

It’s not OP because there’s more than one class that beats it.

I have a decent time with control shaman vs druid.

One of these days you’re going to have to get better at the game instead of just rushing to the forums to complain about whatever just beat you.

It has no removal. Play taunts.

Never! We will wipe your scummy deck from the meta! COME, AND FIGHT IN THE ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS MATCH OF DEATH! (and some stars for a card back)

my Ramp Druid loves your slow decks, lets me ramp to play single big things.