DQA Should not be giving dragons that aren't in standard play yet from GA

Come on now, this is just straight up BS.

I just had a player play DQA and receive Rotnest Drake and Aeon Reaver, two minions that no one else has access to except from DQA. (Granted I still went on to win the game, but the idea behind this is terrible)

Does this mean that all other Discover and Card generators can generate the cards from the adventure too that no one else has access to otherwise?

Are warlock cards generating the ability to get Chaos Gazer? (Yes, I confirmed this)
Is Priest Galakrond giving priests Cleric of Scales? (Yes, I confirmed this)
Are pirate warriors generating Skyvateer or Sky Gen’ral Krag? (Yes, I confirmed this)

If this is true, then right now Warrior is the only one with access to Sky Gen’ral Krag, etc.

That’s absolute terrible design.

11 Likes

You know, dismissive #IndieDevCompany =p

5 Likes

Yes. it’s always been like this. Piloted shredder used to pull minions that weren’t released yet. It’s a small company, with small coding, what do you expect? / s

5 Likes

If they’re legal cards, they’re legal cards for Discover.

You can craft them if you don’t buy the adventure.

Edit: Oh, you mean later weeks? Yeah, that doesn’t make much sense. I can’t remember if it happened before, it’s been a long time since Adventures were a thing and only two of them existed with Discover.

For real…ugh, just frustrating that I can play vs a class who has access to cards in my own class that I don’t. Pretty terrible.

They’re not legal cards. You cannot get the cards yet as the adventure is locked. Unlocking the adventure does not give you the cards. That’s kind of my point.

No one has access to these cards yet but you can get them from other cards…which means there are some cards available to some classes that aren’t available to others because they have ways to discover them.

3 Likes

It always used to be like that but we had far less card generation and by consequence it happened far less often.

This happens just until the cards are released properly and isn’t THAT BIG of a problem.

With that said release adventures week by week never made much sense and despite of know the reasoning behind it I still think they should just release it entirely from day 1 after it’s release.

5 Likes

I had this happen late last night, which shocked me. Note, it wasn’t as bad as your Dragonqueen opponents roll lol. But a Even Shaman devolved my board an I got a Choas Gazer.

Seems pretty stupid to allow the cards to be played yet remain locked for weeks. I thought about complaining but figured it was pointless an people would defend it anyway.

P.S. I actually went on to win 3 in a row in ranked last night friend after you had to crash, an got rank 3 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

awesome! Friend, I need you on stat. I have to experiment with something…mwahaha

1 Like

I would love to see what in the world you have in mind but I’m unavailable for another 5 hours basically, maybe 6 lol.

If you test with anyone lemme know in this thread please. It’s easier to check here a few times than in game atm.

I’ll let you know…testing now with the innkeeper at the moment

1 Like

Sounds good, now to ponder what it is lol.

i rather have them release one chapter each week so i have time to get the gold for each one on release

right now i cant afford all the wings

Apparently you can also get still-locked cards as Arena rewards and use them in Play Mode.

3 Likes

Small
Indie
Company

Sad and Pathetic.

3 Likes

Apparently, from other posts I am reading, YES. Yes it does mean cards not available can still be discovered. Not sure if this was planned, or somehow went unnoticed though.

I personally think a pool of cards you can’t initially put into your deck, but that can only be discovered or generated by random effects could be very interesting.

1 Like

not fun for the classes that don’t get to discover them. :frowning:

1 Like

It might be interesting, but it’s not really “fair”. It makes it so certain classes have access to cards of a specific class that even that specific class doesn’t have access to.

Imagine playing a game where a rogue can play the mage hero and you’re a mage and you can’t.

3 Likes

Okay in that regard it’s kind of annoying right now. I can see.

But the idea in general to have specific cards that no one can put into their deck initially, but can only be generated by random/discover effects I think could be an interesting addition to the game. For example basically all cards in the Hall of Fame could be in such a pool because for example Ice Block isn’t that great of a card if you don’t specifically tailor your deck around it.

1 Like

We already have lackeys and I’m about sick of them.

1 Like