Do you play Standard, Wild, or both?

And most importantly: why?

1 Like

I used to play both. But things got a little bit ridiculous over the last year or so. So I have pretty much abandoned it.

Unfortunately I still have to keep my Wild format cards, as every now and then they come out with a brawl where having those cards is extremely useful.

I play both.

Wild is fun. You can play old strategies and make them better because the new cards appear and create better interactions and etc. The simple will, ā€œhey today, Iā€™m going create a deck about a certain subject, about a certain win strategieā€ is delightful.

Standard is another way to think the game, itā€™s fun when you have a victory deck to enjoy it, anyway, your opponents donā€™t stay behind ā€¦ often he/she knows you and you know him/her. And it has a space to deckbuilding too, however, more strict.

1 Like

I play wild only.Got tired of rastakhanā€™s hunter meta and decided to switch to wild after that.You may not belive me on this but wild is alot more cheap to play.Because meta hardly ever changes.There are even 0 legendary super cheap top tier decks like mech hunter and inner fire dragon priest.I made a renolock list and i am very happy with it.Alot more class variety and alot more decks makes wild fun for me.And there is no control warrior which is a plus in my opinion

1 Like

I currently play both.

The Standard meta imo (contrary to a lot of the opinions expressed here) is pretty balanced and I like to play a lot of the decks available. Regardless I typically use it as my go-to format for climbing to Rank 5 each month so I can get rewards without having to climb too high in Wild.

Wild is my sandbox/playground mode, where I just tool around with whatever bad deck (usually a Reno variant) I happen to love at the current moment. Reno Cā€™Thun Rogue was my favorite bad deck for a while, and now Iā€™m trying to assemble a Reno Druid deck similar to Daneā€™s. Luckily I have a lot of the pieces for it, just need Twig and a couple others.

2 Likes

Wild only. I paid for cards i will use said cards. Not played standard in about a year now. Also playing wild i dont need to go off and buy thing. I have enough dust to last me for a while and every expan is 1-2 cards im intrested in.

Also will not spend money on blizzard stuff till they start showing that they can respect their employees. Just saying.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to pay anymore for the game so wild only

1 Like

I play wild only since I got really tired of standard and I love some of the old cards, like Jaina, Sylvana and Ragnaros.

1 Like

I have five Standard decks. Some of them are straight up net decked since I have a vast collection, and can easily sub in one or two cards and basically play whatever I want in Standard. If I really wanted to, I could grind Standard with some of the best ammunition, and get really deep into the strategic aspects of the match up.

Despite this, I really only play Standard for a quick couple of rounds, just so I donā€™t burn out only playing Wild. This is also why I do Arena. I have so many cards, that even if I only get the close to 40 dust reward, and the mandatory pack. It virtually saved me 50 gold since thatā€™s about how much dust I would get from a bad pack. The adventures are fun to kill time as well.

Wild lets you actually deckbuild. Arena makes sure the deck builders fight with the same level of ammunition. Standard lets you deckbuild, but also gives you much less options.

Occasionally, I will see something in Standard that holds my interest, but rarely.