Do a tech card like ETC but!

so like etc where you can put some cards inside of him but it destroys those card(s) at the start of the game wherever they are! (including inside of ETC)

if its 3 cards like ETC I am putting the devour murloc in, mad duke and astalor

edit:additionally you can put cards from any class into him !! fun!!

That sounds like a bad idea. Letting your opponent decide which cards are allowed to play right from the start and potentially outright cripple the deck would ruin fun and strategy.

this happens anyway, everyone is running disruption, priest can already cherry pick what cards it wants to destroy, dks is sniping 3 cards from hand 3 from deck( bran patchwerk + discovered patchwerk etc)

mad duke is everywhere, dirty rat is coming back.

why not let players “ban” a card ? I would say even make it remove the cards from discovery pool for that game

Because even those cards require setup and there are options to counter.

There are no options with your card. You outright take the cards away that are inconvinient to you.

there isn’t a counter to disrupt, this card could counter disrupt! it also requires setup, you can only ban a limited number of cards, I was thinking maybe 3 but probably 1, you can’t counter the entire meta but it could shut down a problamatic deck that you constantly run into but you could try counter that deck and never see it!

So basically the ultimate i win card without the possibility of whiffing

Even theotar only have a 30% chance to hit against a full hand, and completely miss if the targeted car is still in the deck.

2 Likes

Secret mages will ban minions that destroy and copy secrets.

Weapon based decks will ban Viper and Slime.

Some players will ban quests, destroying the opponents strategy right from the start.

I get where you are comming from, believe me. I know how unforgiving the current meta can be but such a card will not fix and improve the situation. It will make games even more frustrating.

1 Like

Yeah, no offense but it’s a bad idea. Imagine deathrattle rogue before nerfs being able to straight up ban fragment of naaru, starfish and primordial wave. Literally becomes uncounterable.

Everything needs to have counters. If there are a bunch of cards you hate to see because they mess up your game plan, the game is doing something correctly.

ok but for each card destroyed the player running this “tech” loses 10 hp its a start of the game os it needs to have ahigh cost !

A pre-emptive card ban like this would only serve to make matchups more polarizing and individual games less skillful. Not to mention broken cards that always get banned would never get nerfed.

Then the opponent can run that new tech card then destroy your copy of it.

This idea actually isn’t bad. You can’t grief other classes since you have to be able to put the target cards in your deck.

So it only affects neutral cards in most matchups, until you encounter your own class. Then if you are playing this tech against your own class, it can destroy the key cards from a matchup that may be unfavourable for you.

Seems like a card that every deck would use because of its 0 downsides and the possibility for instant wins. Cool idea but falls a bit short on balancing. I generally think techy cards should be more niche. You could get guaranteed value by just looking up what decks/minions are being played at the time and tech against the top 3 with 1 card. When I think of my favorite tech cards Skulking Geist comes to my mind. (Can’t figure out how to post an image, but it was a 6 mana 4/6 Battlecry Destroy all 1 cost spells in both hands and decks).

This was a useful and very satisfying card when playing against jade druid (which destroyed control matchups at the time). But my point is that this card wasn’t very useful in any other matchup, from what I can remember. This was essentially a dead draw in most games. And that is what your suggested card would lack.

This is not necessarily a fact just my opinion.