DK goes way too far

Freeze, damage from hand, rush, heal, draw, mana regeneration, card generation and discovery, AOE, cost reductions in hand, copying all spells in hand, DR’s and BC’s on the same card, spell cost reductions,
and probably more I failed to list here,
ALL in one deck.
But, tell me more about how fair AI is and how Secret mage doesn’t need any draw?
Team 5 has no interest in making a fair product any more.

1 Like

That copy the spells minion,you can silence it, or as a mage, just remove it

The thread was more about how one deck has so many tools.
It’s depraved.

1 Like

Bro, wait until the patch is out before you start complaining about the new thing.

Although you know what they don’t have that the forum likes to riot about? Mana cheat. Regen for 2 on a card that does nothing else, okay. But it can’t discount its hand, doesn’t play any cards that cost 0 and do anything for the board state, no tutor effects… so I guess we know what they’re getting in the miniset.

1 Like

That costs nothing to play. They most certainly do have mana cheat.
They can also reduce the cost of spells. (Glacial Advance, nerubian vizier, rimefang sword.) ie: mana cheat.
If anything the new patch will just make them more sickening.

1 Like

It costs a card to include in your deck, and only generates 2 mana. It’s an Innervate with no ramp abilities to go with. There have been a lot of times where I’d rather have had a coin than that.

I did forget the sword on account of no one runs it.

Every DK I face runs it.

Remember when mage had a card that cost 2 mana to generate two mana?

1 Like

I do. Players screamed about it. DK version costs zero. Crickets.

1 Like

Me playing Blood dk.

plays 6 patchwerks.

1 Like

Quantity not means quality.

It’s why it still lose.

No DK decks have made it to tier one; the best DK deck is low tier two. I realize this isn’t your point, and that you are dismayed that the class has it all, however. The class is representative of DK abilities in World of Warcraft (the inspiration for the DK class. I have no problem with that.

I’d also like to point out (and you know this argument) that the game must change. All classes need to break out of the idea of class identity. An example would be classic mode: the mode is virtually dead.

If there are no actual class identities then the game is completely senseless.

1 Like

The most ehregious DK card got nerfed. Lets see where they land now.

2 Likes

Well, classes need to evolve; classes need to change. The concept of class identity can disastrous to design space. I’ll reiterate, too, that classic mode, wherein class identity was pushed, and wherein nothing changes, has been a complete failure.

I still maintain that strengths and weaknesses need to be a thing, or all we are playing is a draw contest.

I don’t think that this nerf will destroy Frost DK, but it certainly will lower its overall power capacity. I don’t believe the deck needed to be nerfed. Frost DK (diamond → legend, past 3 days) was not a widely played deck, and its overall winrate sat at just about 50% – that is, 50%, is the ideal winrate, and so this nerf is, in my opinion, unjustified.

I think if you look at classes right now, they do align, somewhat, with class identity.

Hunter’s shockspitter deck resembles survival hunter. Hunter’s beast hunter deck resembles beast master hunter. Hunter’s quest deck resembles marksman hunter.

Paladin’s pure deck resembles retribution paladin.

Warlock’s Imp Warlock resembles demonology warlock.

And the list goes on. Now, to be honest, some decks have no relation to their WoW counterpart. However, there is still an element of class identity, granted not all classes do.

1 Like

I see less and less as time goes on.
I cannot believe they insisted on bringing back slot machine mage after the complaints that it got last time.

1 Like

This isn’t Magic.

It works there because you can mix colors making whatever you want to your deck.

Here we would end with classes with virtually 0 draw for example and that would means it will not work or to have ridiculous compensations.

I as a player just want class identity to die so we can come with a new philosofy

3 Likes