Disconnecting during play

I have been experiencing disconnection issues to game client during play for about two weeks. I was hoping i needed a patch but that hasnt helped. I tried reinstalling didnt help. Checked for issues nothing detected. My other internet programs run fine while Hearthstone is crashing. Anyone with advice?

4 Likes

Hey there! Let’s go ahead and have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the problem occurs in-game so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

I have the same issue, i keep on going mostly but it every round it has to reconnect

1 Like

Can’t even paste the corrupted file…fix the servers.

1 Like

i have the same reconnecting every round problem and can’t finish a game before it closes me out and have to re open hearthstone. mercenaries works better but lots of reconnecting

1 Like

I have been having similar issues. My computer is getting a bit old:
CPU: Intel i7 dual core at 2.5GHz
GPU: Nvideo GeForce 940M gpu

The connection issues have improved by using a wired connection to the modem instead of the wifi, but it is not resolved. I have updated GPU and network adaptor drivers.

The WinMTR output includes information about my physical location that I’m not super eager to post on a public forum. Can I DM you?

1 Like

DangOlMage - I can understand suspecting a server-side issue, however, we can’t determine whether the problem you’re experiencing stems from a server-side issue or along the route without data which the WinMTR test will provide. In general, we are made aware of a server issue quickly due an influx of reports. What specific problem are you having pasting the text?

As noted above, if you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

morbis - Thanks for taking the time to report the trouble! If you haven’t already, be sure to try the steps outlined here, as the steps can resolve a number of common connection issues.

Splargaman - If preferred, you can contact our Technical Support team directly by submitting a support ticket with the WinMTR data attached (as well as your system’s MSInfo & DxDiag).

Amazing how this problem has been occurring with Hearthstone since at least 2015 (did a 10 second search)… and customer support, IE Activision, still wont admit the hamsters running the servers aren’t fed well enough to keep quality play going for more than a week at a time :smiley: Posting after playing Friday with no problems but this whole weekend was disconnect/lag hell. You CAN manage to play matches if you don’t mind getting disconnect/reconnect 2 times a turn but I hope you don’t like Battlegrounds cuz you cant play that with every action having 3-5 second lag even when you get extra time because the game kicks you out during combat lol…

2 Likes

This is now happening to me as well…

1 Like

It’s even worse now. The xpac is making a ton of people disconnect for 90% of every turn. I know when its happening to my opponent because DCing doesn’t make you fast rope so I come back after DCing and my opponents rope had just ended with him doing nothing. Then I play a card if I am lucky and DC again, and the opponent has stuff played when I come back…

2 Likes

I love not being able to play the game because im perma D/c great Company!!

1 Like

Blizzard you should really take this as high priority. From engineer point of view, this should be a sev 2 as it’s bringing users VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD experience. I’ve lost several times because of this disconnection issue during the past two weeks. I’ve been playing Hearthstone for 6 years now and I buy a lot of packs for each new expansions. Now I even have the thought to NOT play this game any more. Please make the performance better to make your customers feeling better after paying tons of money on your game.

2 Likes

Weeks later, still no fix from Blizzard. All I see from them is the “It’s not us, its your internet” excuse still…
Edit: Woops guess its Months now!

1 Like

Sigh. So frustrating.

Ok so being very frustrated yesterday, I spent a few hours finding solutions and fixing it. I mostly play on PC so this solution is for that platform. It definitely is Blizzard but as far as I can see it is because the game has issues depending on how long it has been on your machine.

To Start Uninstall Hearthstone from your PC. Next, go into Program Files and AppData and delete everything related to Hearthstone. After that, I went through Registry edit and completely cleared Hearthstone from all parts of my computer. You can use CTRL + F to search easier. Slight disclaimer though is that I had an IT veteran watching and helping me DO NOT TOUCH REGISTRY EDIT UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIDENT AS THIS CAN DESTROY MACHINES. After that I was able to do a fresh re-install and the game has run rather smooth with minor disconnects (still happened a little)

Next step was to go into your Local C/Users/Whatever your username is/AppData/Local/Blizzard/Hearthstone

Once there, open Options.txt and insert the following lines anywhere:
targetframerate:i=60
vsync:b=False

This helped with the resource drain that Hearthstone was doing as well. Hope this can help anyone facing these errors since blizzard refuses to do this and to fix it you need to do it all by hand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.