Didnt get the gold from 2 Arena rewards

i played two different Arena rounds where i got gold as reward.
in both cases i didnt get the gold reward only the card package.
i wrote it to the support and they pleased me to write it down here, so i hope to get help here. It´s a total of 80 gold (30 +50) what i am missing.

How do you know that you didn’t receive the rewards?
Every time so far when people claimed they didn’t receive the rewards, it turned out that they used an incorrect method to check. This is due to the rather unintuitive way the game processed rewards.

When you finish an Arena (either by getting a 3rd loss, or by getting a 12th win, or by having an active run when Blizzard force-retires all runs due to a special event), the rewards are added to your account immediately. They are not added when you click the key and then the chests to reveal the rewards. You should consider that as a nicely animated way to reveal the prices you were already given.

This can lead to confusion with, especially, the gold. Most people do not constantly track or memorize their gold. They just look at the screen. And this is where it gets confusing. Here’s an example.

I have 400 gold and I start an Arena. I pay 150 gold and am left with 250. I then go through the draft, play a few games, and decide to call it a day at 3-1. The next day I continue and finish three games later at 4-3.
When at 4-2, assuming I didn’t play any other modes, I still have 150 gold. After my third loss, I receive 60 gold. After my hero explodes, I click the mouse to get to the arena main screen, where I can now only click the key. At that point, the gold counter in the corner of my screen shows 210 gold, because the reward was already added. I then click the key, click the boxes to reveal that I won a pack, 20 dust, and 60 gold. The gold counter at the screen remains at 210.

If I had forgotten my gold amount and just looked at the gold amount on screen after my last run, I would see a counter at 210, a 60 gold reward opened, and the counter still at 210. So it appears to me that I did not receive the reward.
However, if I had recalled that I had 150 gold before starting the final Arena game, I would realize that I did get my reward.

If you did actually track your gold from before your last game, and you are sure it was not added, then you are victim of an actual bug. A very rare one to boot, since I have so far never seen any confirmed report of this happening to anyone. But it is of course possible. However, in that case I do have to direct you back to the support staff. Nobody on this forum has access to account data so nobody here can help you. Support does have access to account data. They are the people who can help.

However, for now my guess is that you just made the mistake many other people make (myself included when I started playing), by looking at the gold counter before and after clicking the key and not realizing that the gold was already added earlier.

3 Likes