Didn't expect I'll like Battlegrounds this much

I gave Auto chess like games before, just wasn’t liking it. But I guess I started liking this mode because of thise toxic vile of a meta standard has. I see people complain about RNG and whatnots, but I don’t mind it much since I go into a game mode expecting I’ll get rekt by RNG instead of going into a game mode that’s supposed to be about deck building but became a turn 4 diceroll or reborn simulator.
Anyway, I think murloc and demons need help. Demons are so lackluster compared to beasts and mechs that can abuse a certain strategy. Demon can get high healthed minions but so what. It’s not uncommon to see poisonous minions in the later turns. Same with murlocs. The archetype lacks so much in almost everything

1 Like

Demons still do suck.

It does. I see insane snipes from the guy that does like 3 damage and even then with crazy RNG it’s still not even close against beast/mech.

I played HS pretty hardcore for the first couple of years then just got tired of the extreme RNG at high levels and the stale meta happening so fast after every expansion :confused:

I had never played any autobattler before (PoE is my game of choice for the past 8 years or so); decided to give this a try and holy crap I’m hooked :slight_smile: The RNG can be a tad annoying at times but so far it goes your way some lobbies and not so much in others and I’m fine with that.

I have the same sentiments as well. It’s not like I hate the game, I love it. I have played hardcore for 3 years now but honestly, this meta just drains the soul out of my body. No decision making almost, no deck-building, it’s just a diceroll at turn 4. You’re not facing that? Well have some fun with reborn simulator where your opponent removes every minion on your board and then proceeds to vomit sticky minions that heal and has reborn. I hated the auto chess like games, because it’s just boring to me. But HS battlegrounds got me hooked. RNG annoys me a bit but that’s not comparable to what I feel when I play standard. Imagine going a whole day saying, "Well, I guess I lose again because he got crazy RNG, huh"I don’t know if it’s a popular opinion, but I’m really not a fan of how RNG just takes over and decides games. I hate RNG cards that swing the game all the opposite way. Playing well doesn’t matter if you get sht RNG, and that feels pretty bad

I find that this mode doesn’t make me salty even when I lose games that rng hits took from me. There is a sense of new possibilities every game and it’s a good chill mode.

1 Like

Post nerf to Junkbot I find Mech to be just as lousy as Demon to be honest. The mode, from where I am sitting, has become Beast vs. Lightfang (Menagerie) and the other three tribes (Demon, Mech, and Murloc) can just take a back seat. Sad thing is that Demon does play better post patch (1st and 3rd for me) due to tier-5 having one additional good minion but eventually the two better tribes (Beast and Menagrie) just scale out of Soul Juggler’s range.

Agree fully. It is a good chill mode.

i like it as well… but havent played it much cause it only works on my phone. hoping they’ll fix the animations so it doesn’t kill my recruitment time on my other devices.

I like it more than all the other Hearthstones games, by far.

1 Like

Seems correct in my games as well. Mechs were being carried by junkbot. I still like mechs over demons though.

It is an excellent break from standard been playing it a lot. Yeah demons need another buff. Funnily enough Jaraxxus was the first hero I got 1st place with but my MMR is low so that doesn’t mean much. In the new interview they said a new demon was gonna be added to the pool. It gets +2/2 whenever you take damage. They seem to really care about this mode.