Did they do a zephyrs tweak?

Opponent had three copies of mechanical whelp (quest paladin) on the board and I didn’t get offered a single silence option. I got the cabal shadow priest, the overload 7/8 taunt, and holy Nova.

That seems like a bad judgement call (especially holy Nova) and not one I would have normally expected ( I had doubled the Battlecry and was hoping to get two mass dispels). Pretty sure I always got mass dispel, or at least Earth shock, before. Did they change something on how it reads boards states or am I overestimating what the card can do.

Zeph will prioritize using most, if not all your remaining mana for the turn if possible. You had 6 in this scenario.

Next time you play Zeph in this situation, try to have just 4 mana left over to maximize the possibility of getting Mass Dispel.

4 Likes

last week brawl was perfect for learning to use zeph i hope we get it again

I guess. I’ve definitely gotten bloodlust and Savage roar for lethal in the same offering, or fireball and lightning bolt, so it doesn’t always do that (granted there are fewer spells that do that but still). Seems like a flaw, and I don’t remember it being that way a few weeks ago.

depending on your mana, lethal opportunity, etc, zeph would offer you an appropriate card. to my knowledge, he doesnt factor deathrattles when it comes to requesting silence.

edit: ok, so i learned some things about Zeph. He does recognize deathrattle, but doesn’t understand the effect :p. Anyways, this link has everything you need to know. Do a keyword search for “Deathrattle”.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Zephrys_the_Great
1 Like

Nah. That’s how he’s always worked.

There’s more to the card than just slamming him down in a bad situation. Sometimes you need to manipulate your resources or alter the board state to get the best result.

Just keep practicing with Zeph. He definitely has a learning curve.

3 Likes

Yeah, its been interesting using him in this Highlander quest shaman. He did just win me a game giving me a swipe and a pyroblast. But a lightning storm would have been better than the swipe, and obviously I had to wait a turn to cast the pyroblast. The way he works as a soft taunt is a bonus too. Opponents will do anything to remove him short of skipping lethal.

yes but I still don’t understand how this works. Even with 6 mana available mass dispel is the card that offers the most value no matter how you look at it. Zephyr should always offer the card that has the most value and I guess it is programmed to do so.

But then that means that it doesn’t value deathrattles correctly,else it would not make such mistakes.
Like I can see giving him syphon soul with 6 mana over SWD because syphon soul is more value (the 3 heal) but I cant see how this would work with mass dispel,nothing gives more value then mass dispel in that situation.

2 Likes