DH tier 2 or even 3 you say?

3 nerfs later and guess what?

https://i.imgur.com/kjmsuAT.png

And there were people after the 3rd nerf wave, saying “Oh, DH is now 2 or even tier 3!!!”

No, DH is a broken class and as I said, they cannot balance it in a way that they will not brake it like the poor Shaman.

This class needs to be changed from scratch. Lowering this and that card by 1 mana/hp/etc will not help, hence … still #1 in Rankings.

The problem this x-pac is that DH is not balanced to be in line with the other 9 classes. Nope! Is the other way around. Everything revolves around DH, which is sad. Leeroy sending to wild was … guess what? Because of DH of course. Imaging having Leeroy in a DH deck LOL.

Warlock Sacrificial Pact? Yes, to help DH and ONLY DH.

…and there are other exemples which I’m not even trying to find them anymore.

So, welcome back DH. Actually, you never left #1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Using the overall HSReplay rankings is a bad idea generally, but it’s a particularly bad idea when talking about Demon Hunter winrates. Those overall rankings take into account all deck archetypes played by a class. Because the vast majority of DH games are played on a single deck archetype (Tempo), the overall class winrate is inflated compared to the other nine classes, which have multiple archetypes of varying quality. And you can see this not just with DH, but with the other two top classes: Hunter has multiple well-performing decks (Highlander, Face), and Warrior has one very strong one (Enrage).

A much better metric to evaluate the class is to look at the performance of specific archetypes in HSR’s meta report, where you can see Demon Hunter is strong (because it’s consistently on tier 2 regardless of rank) but nevertheless it’s never at the top of the list (that’s usually Highlander Hunter).

Anybody who claims DH is tier 3 is talking nonsense, however.

4 Likes

You don’t get it! It doesn’t matter what archetypes deck is played. Is enough to play 1 deck and “rule them all”. That still makes the class best, in this case, the DH deck.

And no, DH is not tier 2. Is 1, alongside Hunter. The rest are…like tier 7 in comparation with them.

This shows how bad this x-pac is.

It certainly does. You don’t play against a class, after all. You play against decks following a specific archetype. Playing against Tempo DH is very different from playing against OTK DH (and the former is a much stronger archetype than the latter).

DH might be the best class, but none of its decks are the best deck. Which is the problem with your use of the overall class winrates, as I already explained.

Based on the HSReplay meta reports, no DH deck breaks into tier 1. I’m happy to revise this evaluation if the data change, but at the moment the only tier 1 decks are Highlander Hunter (all ranks), Murloc Paladin (Bronze and Silver ranks), and Bomb Warrior (top 1k Legend). Demon Hunter comes close to tier 1 in some brackets (Platinum, Diamond, and Legend), but it never breaks into tier 1.

2 Likes

another weakness of hsreplay is that the stats and rankings arent hard reset at nerfs, meaning “Most played deck” for example still will be a version that had all the nerfed cards because statistically its still the deck with most games played even if its no longer relevant. and as a consequence overall winrate will still have traces from before the nerfs in it, making it unreliable even before considering different archetypes

HSReplay filters data based on the current patch.

2 Likes

thats a new function since a week back, instated due to the issues i mentioned

It is not a new function. It’s been there for a while. You might not have noticed it before, but they’ve always done it as far as I can remember.

EDIT: based on a Twitter post by the HSR Twitter account, the “latest patch” filter has been there since October 2018. See link: https://twitter.com/hsreplaynet/status/1053658634532671488

1 Like

Another one talking without having a clue, just la Madmax.

But while Madmax has…some relatively decent info, your post is mostly trash!

dude, no offense but ur whole posts are mostly trash…u talk out of ur … w/o any idea bout anything. what im about to say won’t change ur mind cuz that’s not possible (sadly) but will expose u at least, if u haven’t done that already by urself with :

i mean i should just leave it at that but for the ones who still think DH is “broken”, “overpowered”, “game destroyer” or whatnot i say just this :

ignore for a sec what u read on webs cuz not all is true or depicts an accurate reality (exactly like HSreplay is doing by piling up all the data and serving it as a whole) and look at grandmasters series. why there? cuz we eliminate sum variables (such as the presence or lack of skill or the skill difference) thus giving us a more accurate idea about the real power of a certain deck.

while HSreplay counts in every game played by every nub or not, in Grandmasters we can all agree the skill level is more or less pretty balanced. And guess what, DH deck is not top dog in the hands of pro players playing against other pro players. what is really top dog and presents an almost impossible to accept winrate is the enrage warrior deck with a wr of 80%. another deck who hasnt lost a single match this whole weekend of grandmasters is the quest warlock (at least from what ive seen but im pretty sure this weekend the quest warlock was close if not str8 100%).

as i already said (in this topic: STOP complaining about DH - #15 by anon42402450), DH had to be strong cuz it was the new content stuff, a gaming company doesnt release new content that’s worse than what’s already in game or ppl won’t buy ur new stuff, its simple business logic…but after the sales calm down, the “balance” patches will start to show up, exactly like it’s been…now DH is finding it’s place into the HS tier list.

yes DH is a fast paced deck, yes DH will continue to pwn nubs or ppl who can’t accept facts and play slow decks, just like face hunter does it for example, yet no1 complains about face hunter being overpowered…

The problem with relying on Grandmasters for that is that tournament settings are radically different from ladder: ladder has no bans, no open lists, and games are best of one, not best of 3/5/7 whatever they’re doing these days.

And of course, HSReplay allows you to filter data based on rank (although Platinum+ data is paywalled), which is much more relevant to the experience of the average Hearthstone player, who is never going to participate in the Grandmaster tournament.

1 Like

let’s balance HS after the experience of the average HS player then…even so, u’re bringing in arguments that aren’t related to the topic…dude, if u want an accurate idea about the current state of things u don’t watch the kids playing in the courtyard, u watch the pro playing in those sports arenas…

1 Like

Not what I said, but OK.

Not if the pros play with radically different rules, as is the case with Hearthstone.

1 Like

wow, “radically different rules”…i see now…u in the same boat with the “they HoFed leeroy for the upcoming of DH”…ok, have it ur way, no point in continuing…

Big /facepalm . Ignore what I read on za internet ?! Dude, HSR = Statistics. Spell that with me : S t a t i s t i c s , which is ALWAYS relevant. Grandmasters doesn’t equal to the average players.

And yes, you balance your game based on the average statistics from a big chunk of your players. Never compare GM’s with the rest of the playerbase. Like, never.

but you are ignoring HSR statistics !

you read madlax and choose to ignore them

why are you ignoring those if you agree they are relevant ?

1 Like

What ? Me? I’m not ignoring anything …

did a Demon Hunter stole your girlfriend?

2 Likes

He can’t stole anything. He’s too OP and can get everything he wants without stealing…

…including yours!

Demon hunter is just stupid…whatever statistics are stating , demon hunter is stupid…The fact that statistics are based on luck and in a pond of a lot of players RNG will affect the statistics makes them not relevant…DH is just stupid, and if you watch the latest competitions 80% of the games played by a DH is won…

1 Like