DH Need To Be REALLY Nerfed

Not minor adjusts that barely makes a diference, like the “nerf” in the Twin Slice, almost 50% of my games is against this cursed, completely overpowered, totally unbalanced class can draw the entire deck all games you survive after the turn 5.

I play this game for a very long time, before Nax release, I see great times and awful times (midrange shaman and druid in KFT release) but this is the only time I even consider quit the game, what is a shame because I liked a lot, until DH ruined everything.

16 Likes

While demon hunter is overpowered it isn’t like it need anything really major.

Most stuff should be things like:

Change soul fragments healing to 1.
Nerf some attack gain cards.

While it needs nerfs it would be really bad to transform the class in a one trick pony by “forcing a weakness” into it.

I did see that movie before and I not wish it to have the same ending again.

The game is more fun if outs for everything actually exist and only depends of your capacity to see they.

That change means nothing to Demon Hunter they have other healing options and burn the soul fragments anyway to activate other cards ,if anything that seems like a Warlock nerf.

11 Likes

But none of they comes attached with draw.

That is literally the strongest part of the class.

It would be reasonable try to damage race a soul demon hunter if that happened.

If they get forced to change their plans for heal themselves it’s already what we want.

maybe changing lapidary buff from 5 to 3 would help

3 Likes

Even better: change the lapidary battlecry to “destroy a soul fragment. Equip a 3/1 weapon”

2 Likes

A little too much.

Not as a nerf itself but as wanting to go specifically at one card to nerf a entire deck.

Know how it would end?
The card would be swapped and while it would still strong not even half of the nerf would be really feel.

DH was a mistake. It overlaps too much with other classes identities.

12 Likes

Blade Dance must go to HoF, that card is beyond ridiculous!
Should at least break the weapon when equiped or do the half damage… and cost 5.

Jeez i hate this class.

3 Likes

I like the idea of making it change your hero’s attack to 0 until the end of the turn. It would still be strong, but with that they couldn’t just wipe a board of taunts and still smash you in the face.

1 Like

The thing that’s broken is the lifesteal weapon accompanied with ways of boosting your hero attack and recovering the weapon. They’re the only class in the game with such efficient healing right now, which lets them outlast aggro decks, and there’s no control to farm them because those decks don’t stand a chance against aggro (except for Warrior).

A secondary issue is their ability to bypass taunt walls for lethal.

I don’t see an easy fix for either without nuking the class.

1 Like

It should just do your weapons damage, not your hero’s attack.

I play a slow control deck (Warlock) and win more than I lose vs DH, early game I just turtle / taunt up and focus on board clearance, they tend to over extend during the initial onslaught using more cards than they can draw, if I’m still around by turn 6 then the game will swing in my favor.

Apparently Priest scares some DH players. I got one to concede after Coin and Breath of the Infinite on turn 2.

Dh is jack of all trades, master of all trades.

3 Likes

The only very small weakness the class have is the hero being frozen but only mage can do that and the class is absolutely tier trash right now…

Yeah, that’s my point. Good control decks should have a positive win rate against faceburn DH but

1. control has a rough time against Hunter, Rogue, DH and Shaman aggro decks.
  2. DH now has the option of teching in one card to give it otk potential (the lifesteal-> damage guy).

I’m a Warlock control player myself a lot of the time and I think there’s good potential there of the meta can slow down just a tad. But right now you often just get blown out by turn 4 unless you draw really well.

Perfect idea. But will the Devs do it? Of course not. Just like 1 minion can remove 10 cards from your deck, 1/3 of your deck and is 8/8. These are Tier 10 Devs. Probably interns. LOL

A good Priest resurrect deck can stand fast. Especially when you’re using strong taunts and healing. But if you don’t draw what you need by round 7 it’s all over.

Hard disagree there. DH problem is exactly that, It has no clear weakness.

Mage has no way of gaining life, so they’re always on the clock.
Hunter is supposed to have no draw, so while powerful, their tempo (should) die down as the game goes.
Priests has no draw nor face damage, so you can commit on boards against them and the game goes on even with low Hp.
Rogue depends on his life total to interact with the board, so they suffer heavily from taunt and smart playing around.
Paladin needs to have Minions stick since their buffs are cumbersome and slow.
Warlocks are always on the clock by themselves.
Druids need to hold the board or lose, since they have no hard removal.

DH weakness is?
Their cards are powercreeped versions of base cards, they have powerful face damage that encourages Aggro, a versatile hero Power, they have high reach (no Aggro deck should be able to draw this much), high healing and good removal.

DH is the posterboy of failed expansions. Every game goes through this as It gets older. Developers make a base game with tight lines about powerlevels, functions and weakness, and then make classes with no weakness for some reason.

3 Likes