Demon hunter prologue

I give up. Demon hunter prologue Very difficult to play. why bother. ill just play the regular hearthstone. sorry.

Demon Hunter Prologue is supposed to be challenging and hard. You just need more experience.

I’m rank 24 and I can beat the DH prologue.

Mannoroth is kicking my butt. The first two bosses were a challenge but Mannoroth so far is impossible with the cards given. Once the AI gets one cards up to 12 attack it’s over for me.

1 Like

For me Mannoroth was easy. Cenarious was the difficult one

I’m struggling. Mannoroth gets 40 health vs my 30. I get no taunts, while the AI gets plenty. Even when it gives me treant cards, the AI will just use an AOE attack and kill them before I can use them. I understand it’s suppose to be a challenge, but it d@mn. If there’s a strategy to beating him, please enlighten me.

The best I did was get him down to 1 health and I thought I had it in the bag… but nope. I still keep trying… be nice if every other card the AI played wasn’t a taunt.

For the most part you need to play to the strengths of each deck throughout the Prologue and focus on staying alive rather than dealing as much damage as possible. In nearly every boss, expect opponent minions to immediately enter the field and get them cleared out quickly.

Against Azzinoth, you need to preserve any Mage Spells such as Blizzard, Rolling Fireball, and Flamestrike that can give you full board clears for the mid and late game. Don’t forget about your Mage Hero Power, Fireblast, to deal a critical damage point to any targets that you can finish off. Otherwise this boss shouldn’t be terribly difficult.

Xavius is probably the easiest of all of the bosses, and probably the most confusing game since the win condition is different. Simply put stay alive and focus on clearing the board (as you can’t attack your opponent anyways). Remember that minions swap side between every turn so don’t hesitate to get the most maximum value out of them.

Mannoroth is no pushover and uses Warlock Demon cards to attempt to rush you quickly. While he does have 40 HP, the extra is often burnt on his own minion cards that deal damage to him when they are played. However, it is those minions that are extremely powerful and should be handled as quickly as possible. While you technically get “help” from Malfurion as he will intervene in the first three turns summing Treants to help you, Mannoroths special hero power Felstorm combined with spell cards that attack the board will often wipe them off the board. If you have control of any of the Treants at the start of a turn, use them up immediately, preferably taking out Mannoroth’s minions. You won’t get another chance. While the Demon Hunter class is more about going straight for the opponent hero whenever possible, I think controlling the board here is more important and focus on eliminating the minions that deal the most damage against you first. Remember to avoid getting close to lethal at all costs, so save your life-stealing cards like Aldrachi Warblades and Eye Beam for the mid and late game.

If you thought Mannoroth was bad, you will go crazy with Cenarius… if you are not prepared. His hero power, Nature’s Grasp, grants him immediately a 2/2 Treant with Taunt. Expect this to be played nearly every turn. However he is extremely vulnerable to a very specific combo that you will likely get in most games. Look for combining Saytr Overseer and Warglaives of Azzinoth. Most likely this will take between turns 5 and 6 to set up properly. Equip the Warglaives before playing Saytr Overseer but avoid attacking with the Warglaives without Saytr Overseer, otherwise you risk Saytr Overseer getting ambushed with spells that deal enough damage to him. Once you use the Warglaives to attack multiple targets so that Satyr Overseer can spawn as many as 4 2/2 Saytrs in a single turn. This will quickly overwhelm Cenarius defenses in the next few turns.

Let me know if these strategies help. Cheers! (^^)v

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I finally beat Mannoroth after trying almost 30 times.

What you were doing wrong?

1 Like