[Main Thread] iOS Device Crashes after Latest Patch

Still crashing when I hover over a card mid-game…
Game won’t reconnect when I am using another app and trying to switch back, saying I need to check my connection…lol…

These things are going to kill Hearthstone;

• no love or care from devs
  • consumers treated like money spenders instead of humans
  • introduction of a gamemode nobody asked for (give us 60+ decks)
  • no multiple fun ways to earn cards or gold for free except some stupid daily quest…

Perhaps hire people with passion for games, not people with passion for money. A good game always makes you money without scheming about…

Where is the love…?

3 Likes

P.s. the 2gb is a myth… It crashes all devices

3 Likes

I previously posted that me gen 1 iPad Pro 12 inch is crashing when I start a match right after winning in ranked mode. Well it is also crashing a lot when I hover over a card during a match. Very sad about not being able to play ranked mode and having to restart the app constantly. Please fix so I can keep grinding! Thank you and happy holidays.

So I spent more than 200$ on this expansion between my account and my wife’s (expansion bundle, winterviel bundle, and random card packs) so we can have some HS fun over the holidays on our iPads but instead the first week we get to only play against an overtuned shaman class and the second week we can’t play one game without the app crashing and skipping a turn…

What’s sad is the only reason I quit this game a year ago was also because of an iPad bug that took months to be resolved, something regarding the returning players training games can’t be loaded in the iPad so you must log in on a pc and do them…but then on my iPad it just still says I need to log in on a pc and do the training games.

I really thought they changed because my friend kept saying the app is more stable…I really hope they don’t take months to fix this

I’m seriously so disappointed and regret spending all this money on this expansion. Also how does this happen? The game was working fine the first week, after the shaman nerfs it just collapsed. Like how does a small patch like this make the app so unstable.

5 Likes

IPad Air. iOs 10 128 GB RAM, 7 GB free. Crashes constantly, usually when pressing play for a game. I used to be - on earlier HS versions - able to play games with difficulty, each animation would result in a slowdown, until I had to force quit and restart the game, usually losing 1-2 turns in the process. Then the game would infallably crash on at game end. But current HS version wont play at all.
Also have an iPhone SE, same ios, same memory, but less free memory, works fine.
My guess is that the game uses way to much memory for animation and has severe memory leaks when displaying animations on the iPad. Give us a “no animations” (including buttons) option.

2 Likes

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to provide some updates on the situation.

1. Devices with less than 2GB of RAM may experience frequent crashes. This will impact iPad Mini/iPad Airs mostly. There’s also been reports of this with iPhone 6 devices.
    Note: This may potentially be impacting iPad 6th & 7th Gen with 2GB or more memory.

The issue above is still being looked into. If you are on iOS 12.4 and below, and the device can be updated, please check for any iOS software updates. This may be a hit or miss, since this was an older fix from awhile ago but worth a try if it can help some of you on these reported devices.

1. iPad Pros are crashing when matching into a ranked game.

Our team have found a fix, but it unclear on when this fix may be pushed. Please check for upcoming updates for Hearthstone and patch notes.

While there won’t always be updates, your reports are appreciated! We read through each and every one of your reports and it helps us with gathering more information for these situations. Thanks again for your reports! I’ll continue to update as we have more information.

1 Like

Unplayable. You guys suck

2 Likes

Updating w/ latest knowledge. iPad pro gen 1 12.9, iPad os 13.3. Bugs after last patch:

1. crash and can’t rejoin match (forced loss) after winning in ranked mode only (this one you acknowledged)

2. random crashes in all modes when hovering over cards or minions during a match, not acknowledged AFAIK

3. can’t reconnect to server after idling out, switching back to app (about 50% of the time), not acknowledged AFAIK

2 Likes

For me 1 seems to be resolved. 2 & 3 are ongoing.

1 Like

Hello, I put in a ticket and the response was to put my info into this thread.
iPad Air
Crashes every game
I tried all the reinstalling and restoring solutions but nothing happens

Thx

1 Like

As of today: Random disconnects mid-game when playing a card. (not the hover over crash). Still trying to justify all the money I spent on this…

1 Like

Most of my crashes of late are just during Dalaran Heist runs whenever I have to pick a treasure or card pack.

Thanks for reporting some additional issues that’s been on-going. Your reports are greatly appreciated and I’ll keep track on these issues, but please keep in mind that this is the Technical Support forums. We are here to assist with Technical issues with a resolution.

At times, we on the technical support forums do acknowledge bugs to provide insight and visibility to you in these situations and updates when possible. For new bugs within Hearthstone that have not been addressed or acknowledged yet, please refer to the bug report forums so the appropriate departments can look into the issue and reports can be acknowledged by our team.

I really appreciate your reports so far, and we’ll keep watch on any of these new issues that are being reported so that we can gather more information and send up as well. I’ll continue to update when we have more information about the two issues mentioned on this thread.

Similar issues here - iPad Pro on iOS 13.3

Frequent crashes, usually on attempting to play a card, in ranked, casual, arena and solo (definitely NOT just in ranked play)

After a crash gold will appear to be zero and will only appear correctly after completely closing app and re-logging.

These crashes have only been happening since the balance patch just before Christmas.

Frustrated as iPad is my primary platform (had to abandon play on ladder for this month), but understand the timing re: holiday season.

5 Likes

Thanks for the updated. I’m anxious to start playing again. Too bad I couldn’t play the new expansion over my holidays but these things happen

1 Like

I have the exact same problem, the game crashes when playing a card (most often the first card). Also, gold is shown as 0. ipad pro / 13.2 and 13.3.

2 Likes

Constantly, on both iPad and iPhone. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help :frowning:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Best response found in the “bug report forum” by Snowman;

What is Blizzard going to say this time, do u guys not have PC?

1 Like

iPad Air 2 running 13.3. Still an issue for me. Crashes (typically) around turn 2 when looking at a card in my hand. I’m able to reconnect to game most times, but the action only repeats itself during the next hand in “Play” mode.

Solo Adventures are the same, but I’m able to finish a boss after my first “reconnect”… until the next boss.

Have uninstalled, hard reset of iPad, and reinstalled completely. No fix. 95% of my play is on iPad, and this is a severe hinderance to play. We need a fix ASAP.

1 Like