[Main Thread] iOS Device Crashes after Latest Patch

Same issue for me on an iPad Pro after the latest patch. Everytime i start a game it crashes and if i reopen the App it crashes again until i lost. At least i dont have to deal with the iOS chat that is broken for months if i can‘t play on my iPad anymore i guess :slight_smile:

New iPad, same issue as of last patch.

Any news about a patch? 3 days to correct this kind of issue are too much

2 Likes

Same issue here, game is unplayable on my Ipad Pro… Lost 5 matches because it could not reconnect…

I’m using an iPad Air with iOS 12.4.4. I’ve been having similar crash issues since the latest update and data download.

Same here. Crashes after trying to play the first card of the game. Can’t always get back in either, losing ranks, and game is now almost unplayable. Super disappointed.

Thanks for your reports, everyone! We’re aware of the crashing issues with iPad/iOS devices. I wanted to break this down a bit more on what we know is happening with iPad devices.

There are two separate issues causing the iPad device issues.

1. Devices with less than 2GB of RAM may experience frequent crashes. This will impact iPad Mini/iPad Airs mostly. There’s also been reports of this with iPhone 6 devices.
    Note: This may potentially be impacting iPad 6th & 7th Gen with 2GB or more memory.
  2. iPad Pros are crashing when matching into a ranked game.

Our team is aware of both issues, and hopefully working on a quick resolution. We’ll provide updates and information as more becomes available.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for working on this issue! I am experiencing the same crashing on my iPad 5th generation, it’s not an iPad Pro but still crashing. Anyways thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue on iPad Pro, but in Arena. Game starts, disconnect, crashes when you get back in, lose game, basically just lost an entire run to the bug.

In response - there must be more going on than just these two elements.
I am using an iPad 6th gen with 2 GB RAM.

On my device, the crashes can be replicated as follows:
Start an Arena run.
Win the first match.
Begin a second match. HS crashes immediately as matching process completes, and then (as others have reported) repeatedly crashes when reopening the client during attempt to reconnect and resume.
Only remedy is restarting the iPad completely, and by that time, game has recorded a loss.

This has happened to me on 4 runs in a row, and is therefore artificially decreasing my Arena win totals. Hopefully, in addition to patch fixes, Blizzard is also calculating appropriate in-game compensation to affected players.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, but i want to point out that i use latest iPad 7th gen with 3GB RAM, and experience the frequent crashes as described above. No 2GB RAM device, no iPad Pro, there’s more than “two issues”. I really hope you can provide us a fix before holidays…I was really looking forward to complete my paid adventures over my free Christmas holiday week, and now it’s almost unplayable.

2 Likes

Thanks, Loop! For the most part we have seen most devices happen with 2GB or less, but it’s definitely possible that 3GB and higher resolutions is tied with the 1st issue. The list isn’t fully exclusive since there’s still a lot of testing that we need to do for all impacted devices, but I’m getting this added to our list to replicate the issue :slight_smile: You too, Tresio! Editing the post above to reflect potentially other devices impacted.

iPad 5th generation, 2 GB RAM. The unnecessary arena losses (and subsequent loss of gold) have been aggravating to say the least. However, being unable to play the game I mostly use my device for AT ALL is outright frustrating. Hoping this gets resolved soon to play confidently again…

1 Like

Great you’re working on it. And please dont forget to fix the chat crash (2 months now…)

I have an iPad 6th gen. Since the update I’ve been having the same issues as above. I’ve now lost a whole level in ranked without even playing one game. I issued a ticket and they told me they haven’t heard anything about this issue so it must be on my end and to try other internet connections.

1 Like

I have this issue on the US server, but not on the EU server. I haven’t tried the Asia server yet.

Experienced some crashes on iPad Pro 2018, 13.2.2 OS. Playing on EU. Game turns completely off.

Crashed after / while playing cards in ranked. Also repeatedly crashed while browsing collection when clicking on new cards.

Ipad Pro here … crashes the moment I match into a ranked game. So I can’t play ranked at all. Really upset about this because I invested heavily into hearthstone and now I can’t play my favourite game mode during my holiday which is almost over. I hope this gets fixed really soon (the issue has been going on for days now)

1 Like

Seriously, please stop with the lies already. This isn’t gonna be quick. Its only ever quick when it comes to game breaking meta.

Wow…

1 Like

Same here in EU with iPad Air third generation. 3 Games losses so far for this isssue… and without play a single card… :rofl: