Dear RNGesus, a small question

Yes, I have three 10 drops in my deck.
Yes, it’s a fun deck and not that competitive.
However, please stop giving me these three 10 drops in the first 5 cards I draw.
One, or two… okay. But all three - within the first 5 cards - in three subsequent games - really?

3 Likes

Usually RNG does things like that when you have been winning too much. Alot harder to win a game when you cant play for 3 or 4 turns.

It’s actually very obvious when you should stop playing because the Blizzard algorithm has kicked in

3 Likes

Dude I’ve been observing this in my priest decks for ages and have questioned it for ages. It’s probably a win rate balancing mechanism designed to give weaker decks winning chances.

this [characters]…

Played vs a Mage

Turn 1 RAID THE SKY TEMPLE! Because they all play Raid they Sky Temple

1st 5 turns all the same with mage cast spells, reduce cost of spells, secrets and more secrets…

Mage drops Khadgar around turn 7 I think it was. I invoke Galakrond as I am playing a Shaman for the daily and take out Khadgar and his board.

But here is the RNGesus no skill required the AI will hand it to me scenario.

Mage drops you Dragoncaster your next spell costs 0 and ANOTHER Khadhgar!

Wait? How did you? Oh yeah, I get the joke now…

FONT OF POWER. Discover 3 Mage minions. And of course, the RNGesus will give you legendaries so.

Second Khadgar.

Now back to the 0 cost spell which is what on turn 8 for mages? Thats right. Power of Creation. DISCOVER a 6 cost minion.

Argent Commanders: 4 of them because you know…RNGesus. 12 charge damage and yeah. The game was even and a decent battle until the pffft Hearthstone moment.

I agree but, what, you think you log off and the algorithm goes away?
No chance. When you log back in you will still lose a good amount of games. It matters not if you carry on playing or not.

I feel you on this… there has to be rules not being made transparent about the card draw engine. Obviously most decks will have some sort of median curve that lines up with most decks, but I’ve built decks were it seems like the card draw mechanic draws the cards with the smallest likely chance to be drawn more often than some of the the cheaper and more prevalent cards in my deck.

No just 1 deck… and not just in aggro builds. #SezWhoRight

Wow, …you kinda named my strategy to a “T”. My big power play is Khadgar and Power of Creation together at 9 or 10 (depending upon if I’ve been able to reduce my spells by 1. I’ve only figured out this combo a couple of months ago. But more recently, the choices of 6 mana cards have sucked, and hasn’t been as good. But you’ll be happy to know that Khadgar is cycling out next month…much to my chagrin.