Dalaran Heist - Hero missing

I just beat chapter 1 on normal and now when I go back to play another, it gets stuck on the 1/8 boss due to my hero not being present but my hero power is. When I press play it makes the noise but nothing happens. I do not have the problem on heroic, i also beat heroic chapter 1 to see if it was a overall problem but just seems to be normal mode. I just want to be able to grind it out and also even play chapter 2 because due to this bug I cant even play or buy chapter 2.

6 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. This makes the game mode stuck on both mac game version and iPhone. I managed to complete chapter 1 and this occurred when I tried chapter two on normal with ‘unable to join game’ error. Heroic mode works though and I managed to pass chapter 1 there. But now I’m locked out of chapter two on heroic due to lack of normal mode progress.

I contacted support and asked if they could reset my normal mode run but was told they couldn’t reset my run and to leave a bug report when I came across this post. They did manage to reset my heroic run though (unless that was another bug, I was half way through 3/8 when game ended was logged out and completely set back to the beginning without a deck while still keeping the elemental / boss killed progress for unlocking hero power/decks)

Please resolve the issue and I’m happy to provide further details needed that might help resolve the bug.

1 Like

I checked my phone as well and did the same thing. Support also said go the forums. Hopefully they resolve this. This has been like this for two days now. should of been fixed by now

Same problem for me. Hero portrait missing, I can click the play button once and nothing happens. I can’t abandon the run or anything and can’t start other adventures as well, has been like that for more than a day now.

1 Like

After the hotfix this problem is still a problem and should be looked at, its been way to, long now. it has been like this for me since launch. Its been so bad I beat heroic three times with mage. i feel like they should make a way to abandon a run without going into a run. Honestly would avoid things like this to happen.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue, on both normal and heroic modes. Do you think I should contact gamemasters ?
i.e : bug is missing mage hero image (but not hero power), play button emits a sounds but doesn’t actually do anything.
I feel like it’s been more than 48 hours now, how much time does blizzard usually takes to patch these kinds of bugs ?

3 Likes

I am having the same issue but its on my normal mode my hero is completely gone but it dose allow me to play heroic mode. My shaman hero is gone but not the hero power and when i click the play button it makes a sound and then doesn’t do anything.

1 Like

There’s an official reply in this thread…

Says they’re actively looking into it.

3 Likes

Same Issue. Hero Missing cannot launch the match. I conceded a run and then started another to only have this happen.

1 Like

Similar thing happened to me. I’d already finished the Dalaran Heist Bank section as a mage and bought the Dalaran Heist pack. When I logged back in I was stuck at the screen for Dalarn Bank (even though I cleared it already) with no hero selected, but with the mage deck and ability selected.

When I hit play to at least see if I could concede, the game wouldn’t start.

Reported through customer service and was directed to make my own post about the issue here. Decided to add on to an existing thread rather than post another one with the same problem.

3 Likes

Same exact thing as OP describes is happening to be. I just want to play the game

I have the same bug, I purchased the complete adventure and I can’t even play it.

Same bug here. Can’t play the 3rd chapter after one week waiting for it.

1 Like

Same here. Made a ticket but was basically told to suck it up and wait for a fix. But its been almost a week now and i still cant continue my dalaran heist run!

2 Likes

Same, can’t believe it’s still not fixed!

Fix fast or compensate us for missing out. A lot of people, like me, paid so we didn’t have to wait to farm the gold to get it, but like this I’ll have the gold before you guys fixed your broken release!

1 Like

Greetings all,

I posted this in a separate thread, but we’ve deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue to be stuck attempting to start a Heist run. Thank you!

Hey I still have an issue of my heroic mode run copying my normal mode run. Detailed in this post I made Insane Dalaran Heroic Bug

Fixed for me, thank you so much

For the record, this issue has been resolved for me. I’ve successfully completed multiple Dalaran Heist runs without incidence since then.

Thanks Devs!