Dalaran Heist help

Somewhat new player here. I am trying my best to beat levels 2 and 5. I do great up until the last 2 battles on 2 and last 4 battles on 5 and then i get ground into paste. Can anyone offer any suggestions on who to play with what powers and cards? I can only dread how hard heroic will be for a new player like myself. LoL.

I did chapter 2 with a rogue with yoink and a thief based deck

I completed both chapters with mage, using the op heropower that reduce mana. It’s very useful and in my opinion one of the best heropowers. You can also try the 0 mana sound the bells strategy with George, but I think they nerfed echo, being impossible to get infinite value from a card like this one.

If you want general advice, then Dreamgrove Ring, Super Simian Sphere, and the CANDLES?! are good treasures to grab:

• use Dreamgrove to summon legendaries with potent passive effects like Lich King and Ysera (card generation) or Ragnaros (terrible TERRIBLE damage).
  • Super Simian Spher summons an invulnerable monkey man (Mukla) who can help keep your opponent’s board clear…without giving them free bananas.
  • The CANDLES?! is good boardclear and can be used four times. Hard to go wrong with that, especially in spell heavy decks.

As for passives, Emerald goggles and Robes of Gaudiness are solid cost reduction (in spite of respective restrictions).

Anything beyond that would be class specific.

As for Hero Powers:

1. Rakanishu is best with Burning Wit (cheap cost reduction), but Frostfire is TOO situational to bother with; he’s a fire elemental, not ice/water.
  2. Vessina seems to prefer mutation, but summoning totem tokens is nice if you have good support or luck with them. The draw+overload is okay too.
  3. Ol’Barkeye excels with Pet Training, and I got lucky in comboing it with Marsh Queen Quest.
  4. Cpt Eudora likes Yoink, and do I! Gives you free cards, and many Rogue cards work only by having different class cards in your hand.
  5. Kriziki is good with all her powers; they’re not fantastic…but they’re nothing to sneeze at; healing or two versions of stat manipulation.
  6. Squeamlish’s Lifebloom is awesome! Powerful healing tool for your minions so you can focus on getting damage spells.
  7. Mr. Chu is better with Invigorating Brew; works as pseudo-enrage, enrage combo piece, or some weak removal. Armor Up and Undermine are NOT recommended, given they do not contribute well, directly or are too slow.
  8. Haven’t played much Tekhan (not a Warlock fan), but Life Tap for draws, or Pain Split for trades work well.
  9. George…alas, poor George…Backup gives him good hand fodder and let’s him fill his field with Silver Hand Recruits faster than Reinforce, but Boon of Light gives him the much vaunted Divine Shield to his minions, which works so well in Paladin decks…

Hope this helps put you on the right track. If you need other advice, feel free to ask.

If you had to pick one as the best who would you pick? I make it to 10th or 11th boss on the 5th level then i get creamed.

Still trying to beat the Magister Elf, personally…

Anyway, I’ve had good luck with Rakanishu with Burning Wit, focusing on summoning spells (including Dreamgrove Ring), with some damage options. My biggest problem is getting lucky with getting board clear options (i.e. Flamestrike).
Summary: focus on summoning spells and fire-damage buckets, supplement with card generation and some Legends.

Squeamlish has strong late game options, which is obviously needed against the Kirin Tor, as well as means to catch up with their mana leads. Focus on Choose the Outcome and Nurturing buckets for solid results, and get some cost reduction passives for support. Use her healing power to keep minions on the board longer.

Of course, you could try George; strong early games can lead to great late game as long as you maintain solid trades. Get Protectors (taunts and/or Divine Shields, like Tirion Fordring) and Mechs (heavy hitters, plus magnetic support, namely Zilliax). Backup can be used for solid early game by giving you plenty of Recruits as fodder, but Divine shield might pay more late game.

Course, I am a bit biased toward these classes, personally.

I personally easily beat the (heroic) wings with George’s Backup HP with Expedite and Captured Flag passives. The only guaranteed way that you’ll lose is if you go against Harim Setting Sun because your dudes just become board filler with no attack.

Thank you peeps. I will give the suggestions a try and let you know.