Crystal core nerf: load of bull

That’s a shame, whenever I queued against quest rogue on my go-to even shaman list I knew I had an easy win

RIP quest rogue

I demand dust refound not just for the quest but for Sonya, meanwhile the class gets very slow cards and dependable on very poor rng plus the nerf of both raiding party and preparation without adjusting the cost of spells fing retard devs

2 Likes

man how thin is your skin?

i could ask you the same question. my skin isnt thin in this context its been whipped so much its tougher than rhino hide

Yeah Sprint is a dead card now too. Never really good but now even double dead.

You’ve obviously never played the quest. Or even used Sonya shadow dancer. What cards give you endless boars to the face? This isn’t explodia mage where you get endless fireballs. Since you aren’t familiar with the card let me break it down the only way you can get “endless boars and deckhands” is when you’re attacking another creature and it dies while Sonya is on the field already. You don’t get “endless boars and deckhands” they most certainly don’t all go to your face also. There has to be bounce to keep attacking face with deckhands it’s also not endless. Against BP you can’t even get past their SEEMINGLY endless taunt with 4/4 respawning deckhands and boars. And when you do it’s just your leftover ones that go face. Yeah my ship has sailed 1,2,3,4,5 times. But those have all been huge nerfs. Not small ones. The deck is already dead facing more nerf they should just refund every single card that has been altered or nerfed there were no small changed except possibly prep.

Any sensible person would argue that this nerf is ridiculous, like almost everyone in this thread agrees. But knowing how salty you people get about a deck that’s been simply destroyed. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few more nerfs. The deck wasn’t nerfed so many times because it was that powerful it’s been nerfed excessively because the salty community. At first quest rogue was a problem now it’s just classic blizzard nerfing rogue repeatedly and classic salty boys crying for more nerfs.

I’ve had people on my friends list that HATE this deck tell me that the nerfs have been ridiculous ever since the second nerf now they’re just speechless

This thread is from August.

5 Likes

But the necromancy impulse is apparently undying.

4 Likes

How the hell do people find these threads?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the guy just searched “Quest rogue” and replied to every single thread that came up.

1 Like

Most likely in this case, but I have at times had 6 month old threads as my Suggested Topics, which is a pretty poor setup imo.

1 Like

Even if this thread was 3 months old, it doesn’t change that nerfing Crystal Core in such an asinine, stealthy way without providing any kind of dust refund was bull;

unless commented heavily, this kind of stealthy (AND useless) nerfs can happen again (they probably will anyway).

1 Like

That’s not what happened here. They didn’t randomly change the Crystal Core code.

They modified the code and then they applied it to Tekahn (both the card and the final PvE boss). It should be fairly obvious by the timing of the card change.

I understand that my account was on hold for “shaming” and “naming”. I was trying to let everyone know the name of a trash talking player. Unfortunately there isn’t a way to report someone after they’ve unfriended you. Also this post may be from August but I’m a heavy quest rogue player. I also know a few quest rogue players in my friends list that are still unhappy about this change.

Very true. Unfortunately players like haunter WERE in favor of getting dust refunds for such a blatant and massive change. Since a few months have passed though, I’m an idiot for caring still apparently. I’m not even going to disenchant my Sonya if the refund is offered because I have a nice gold quest rogue deck. There are players that are still awaiting a refund though. I’m voicing my opinion for the people who have been screwed by blizzard repeatedly that feel as though speaking out won’t do anything. Players whined for so long about this deck being overpowered and even after being completely ruined by the nerfs, the voice of many people convinced blizzard to nerf the deck yet again. Even though time has passed since this change was put into the game it doesn’t mean those players don’t deserve a refund

Multiple likes for simply stating the obvious. Congratulations buddy, since this happened a while ago let’s all just say screw the people who worked hard to get this card. Is it really that important for you to be snide and say when this thread was posted? I commented on this thread when it was started. However everyone’s voice is important in this community, so continue to be snide if that brings joy to your life!

The Yogg-Saron nerf is slightly similar to this one:

they “remade” code, which was subsequently replicated for Shudderwock, without altering the text of the card;

however, Shudderwock did not exist back then , so it ended with players getting dust refund for Yogg-Saron, even tho no direct changes were done to its card text and as far as its “code” goes, well, it was the only thing of its kind back then;

altering code which specifically alters 1 card without changing its text or altering code which involves 2+ cards at the same time without altering their text is irrelevant; when cards get altered or when interactions cease to exist, players should be warranted a refund.

2 Likes

Sorry but the game has rules for a reason and when they change how it is played it warrant a refund in my opinion.

It not matters “why” it was changed. It just changed something that people brought before.

With that said they have no legal obligation of refund(read the terms before start to play to see why) but it still gross and anyone here feeling robbed is right.

In general it really can’t be helped so I suggest people to read the user terms before play so you not put yourself at risk of a situation like this one if you not agree with it.

1 Like