Criticize the game on the forums? Risk of you account being "cursed"?

DISCLAIMER : All of this is based on my own personal thoughts and experience, i am just speculating.

In the last months/weeks i’ve criticized the game or the devs here on this forums, and i have to admit not using the best words at times.

But i feel like frustration of the players vs a certain deck/class is not the easiest “data” to collect so i felt like it was somewhat useful to share it.

I’ve been paying close attention to the " Hearhtstone really is rigged, here’s how to beat it" thread in here, it has been one of the biggest threads of 2020 and no Dev still came on to tell us wether it is all true or false, which looks really odd to me.

Ever since i criticized the devs i feel like my own experience in HS has changed deeply.

It used to be: sometimes i am lucky, sometimes my opponent is.
Sometimes i make mistakes, sometimes my opponent does.

Now my opponents get “Zephrys” tier discoveries, and -only possible card to win in given situation- kind of RNG outcomes, and as a result i am stuck in plat 5.

Now before you start flaming me and laugh at me, which i can understand, i ask you : Is it possible that there is a RNG rating, that normally fluctuates up and down to keep a healthy balance of win and losses, which can be leveraged with raw skills, and that someone can manually alter such rating, if it existed?

13 Likes

Why? There’s literally been no dev posts in this forum for the entirety of 2020. The only official Blizzard account that posts here is Kerfuffle, and all they do is post updates on patches/hotfixes.

5 Likes

Because what i’m doing here, is speculating, whereas in there, somebody claims to be certain of the game containing code that has the function to match you against natural counters of your deck after a particularly good run, which is a pretty big claim to make, it would take roughly 10-15 seconds to log in and type “no that’s not true”, instead of letting the thread continue for thousands of replies.

1 Like

They told us years ago and got called liars. Why should they waste time repeating that?

8 Likes

Could you provide a link for what you are saying please?

You didn’t really address my point though. Anybody who is aware of how much attention devs pay this forum (hint: none) knows that the simplest answer to the question “why haven’t they posted in this thread” is “because they are unaware of it.”

5 Likes

Okay, i can see that and i fully understand your point of view, i refuse to think that a game of this caliber has just its forum being ignored for good.

1 Like

Or, most likely, the old: The devs already told us explicitely that there is no rigging going on, and they also told us they won’t come back to say “No” to every thread.

7 Likes

Also, the forums are more or less dead as longa s Dev attentions is concerned. Try reddit, they seem to be more active there.

1 Like

I may have accidentally put a gypsy curse on you

I’m so so sorry I couldn’t help myself

2 Likes

You do you dude. Doesn’t change the fact that the devs rely on Twitter/Reddit to engage with the community. These forums are a holdover from the time when forums were the primary hubs of community activity, but that is not really true anymore. I’d be surprised if these forums (except for maybe Tech Support) goes the way of the Riot ones in the next few years.

3 Likes

Sure:

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2177-is-matchmaking-rigged-max-mccall-explains-the

It was originally posted on the previous version of these forums which no longer exist, but it was widely reported on fansites at the time.

Well, that’s exactly what’s happening. They fired the only person who still cared about this place.

6 Likes

there’s no community forum employees anymore, remember the layoffs a few years ago? most of them were fired, they don’t even read anything here

3 Likes

Finding that link is going to be a pain as there were a few in the old forum, but for what it’s worth I can also testify that they have explained how the mmr system works as there are a few people here who still quote that post and lack the reading comprehension to understand it.

But I want to address this conclusion of yours.

Rigging is something done nefariously, under the table, to subvert expectations of fairness or authenticity.

There’s a specific cold country I am thinking of — when an ex member of said county ends up mysteriously poisoned and that country does not acknowledge the accusation OR denies they were responsible, are you convinced? No, they are a biased party.

If the question is of someone’s integrity, they are not fit to vouch for themselves, so there is an inherent contradiction in wanting blizzard to say whether or not they were cheating us. Do you see what I mean? It makes no sense. You are not the first person to make this mistake, so do not take my comment personally, hopefully this is sufficient explanation.

2 Likes

I think you’re onto something. Now excuse me, my sailboat is coming really close to the edge of the earth and I don’t want to fall off.

6 Likes

It’s all this social distancing taking up too much room - the whole point is to push many of us off the edges and lower populations. There was a meeting about this at a hotel by me but it wasn’t reported by anyone reputable because they are all in on it but don’t want us to know. I need to go make a new tinfoil hat so bbl.

3 Likes

Go beyond speculation, look into your own past games data and see if there is confirmation.
If you are unsure, then there is factors you have failed to see/understand.

2 Likes

I see how the double negative view works in a suspicious way, your mind focused on something negative and so all that occurs badly during that stage is seen as a result of that view, not necessarily the truth you see but the perspective of being purposely punished is what inflates the theory. It’s possible you could be correct, millions of people play and have gripes, but it stands to reason they wouldn’t have the manpower to assess and punish everyone, which makes your view seem less logical, but understandable.

Been playing well myself lately for a change, so decides to install Dtracker to get some statistics on my deck. Suddenly nothing but loss after loss, am I being punished for using Dtracker? Dead set, the thought sprang to mind, but then I got real lol. It’s easy to assume blizzard is like “oh winning streak huh?”, astalavista baby and your back where you started. Or better still, having a mass win streak and then a loss streak that sees you 1 star above where the streak began, that one really hurts.

If you were a popular streamer the thought would potentially have more weight, I’ve seen them open a pack with 3 gold legends and even they squinted, looking into the cam saying “err thx blizz”

1 Like

Come on man this forum is dead, if something gets a 100 posts on here then thats a extreme outlier. Reddit is the forum…

1 Like

You must be a fool. If they

Then explain how I have been silenced 3 times for speaking truth about Blizzard.

2 Likes