Cool, not only is blizzard not fixing animations or the rope, they are banning people whom play snip snap warlock

I really feel for this guy, because I know exactly how CS of blizzard are. Automated report system, automated replies, no accountability but they hand out permabans. If you guys are playing snip-snap I suggest you stop until they get this sorted out.

Edit

Holy crap, but people who are actually abusing the bug aren’t getting banned LOL

how do you know the cheater isnt banned?..unless the cheater is a streamer the only way to know is to be that cheater

1 Like

Because some of the cheaters are streamers.

And even then, If you look at the second link there’s evidence of the cheater still climbing.

3 Likes

probably takes time to fix the bug

they posted they were going to hotfix frostmourne bug almost a week ago i didnt get it lately so i dont know if it was fixed or not

if some people accidentally using it are getting banned means they get to those eventually

Before you ask a question, how about reading the links first to find an answer. K thx.

1 Like

did you?
TC claims they arent banning anyone for this but on that link they say otherwise someone mentioned they banned players for doing this on other servers

seems the EU and asian servers are behind but people using this cheat on the NA server been banned

Those that preach the loudest are usually the most guilty. I think the cover of the amount of time this person has spent playing the game, and how much he put into it ($1800 USD, holy ****) is trying to throw heat off of him. More than likely, this user has been given a legitimate reason why they were banned, but are using the excuse of “Blizzard banned me for no reason” to cover up the fact that they were guilty of using an exploit granted through a third party program.

More than likely, the solution that Blizzard is going to use to circumvent this exploit is to give Mechwarper a nerf akin to Summoning Portal - that your Mechs cost (1) less, but can’t be lowered past (1). It’s the linchpin card of the combo, and the deck can’t be played without both copies.

3 Likes

A bug cant increase your APM to superhuman levels. I have heard reports of what amounts to ~125 Snips being played in a single turn. If those claims are factusl, and what the person referenced was doing, then no sympathy from me.

1 Like

This is the most incorrect yet funny thing i’ve seen all day/

Well, somehow these superhuman restrictions don’t apply to decktracker. Because it is perfectly possible to record everything with pen and paper.

Deck trackers dont automate game play, do they?

I can quite easily track my deck, the cards my opponents play and my stats with pen and paper. What i cant achieve with pen and paper is an APM of superhuman levels. I’ve tried, and the result was a poorly drawn sharpie Batman mask that took 3 weeks to wash off!

2 Likes

You actually cannot track it that fast with pen and paper. No one can track RNG generation, write down which turn which card was slotted in etc. that fast.

I can actually. All it takes is a premade written list of my deck and a pencil. Shorthand for my opponents decks. Takes minimally longer, its just inconvenient. Not even on the same level as playing 1.5 cards per second with animation times to contend with, not even close. A script playing for you is actually forbidden. Deck trackers are not.

7 Likes

Decktracker was also forbidden, until it was allowed. There is no distinction except Blizzard condoning the one and not the other. There is nothing inherently different.

And no, you cannot track everything even with a premade list like Decktrackers do. There are some turn where it is physically impossible in the same way where it is impossible to make 60 sn1psn4ps.

No, deck trackers were never forbidden, just not supported by Blizz.

Yes, the parts that actually MATTER I can track without a deck tracker. Easily. With no more tha pen and paper. What a deck tracker wont do is increase my physical abilities to a level that only a bot can achieve, neither will my trusty pen and paper.

If you honestly defend botters, cheaters, then you are just as bad as they are. All they have said is if it van be done with pen and paper, its fine. Show me one example of pen and paper increasin someones apm to unheard of levels. I’ll wait.

7 Likes

Oh, but deck tracker does increase your physical abilities. What you say about “easily” is simply not true. You have 75 seconds per turn. You really think you can track those complicated RNG turns? Sometimes you don’t even have time to mouse over the left bar because there are so many plays from your opponents. But you can track that? Easily at that - respect to you.

Please read:

The only difference between deck tracker and those reported tools are that Blizzard authorizes the one and not the other. I cite:

hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or any code

and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

Anyways, the point is they could have easily legalized those “hacks” in the same manner as they legalized deck tracker. I don’t see an issue with someone playing 60 sn1psn4ps in a turn.

Deck trackers were officially allowed from 2014:

There has been no comment to that has changed that stance since that time to my knowledge. If you think otherwise, source?

The EULA explicitly forbids:

bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;

They HAVE explicitly condoned the use of deck trackers in the above tweet - FACT - without revoking said permission. Prove me wrong!

Until Blizzard comes out and directly says that their above permisson is revoked, deck trackers are NOT violating the EULA as they HAVE given authorisation to use them.

5 Likes

Yes, deck trackers are allowed. But there is nothing that inherently differentiaties them from hacks except for permission from Blizzard. Because according to the EULA basically anything is not allowed, except if it is allowed. So for me it is an arbitrary decision.

And thus I do not understand (well I understand why, but I don’t think it’s correct if you think about it) why the hate (i.e. calling for bans) for what was mentioned in the original post because the advantage is so minor compared to deck trackers.

And THAT is all that matters. They have not allowed scripts (aka bots), while they HAVE for deck trackers. Those (ab)using this deserve everything they get.

What?!? No, its a MASSIVE advantage to be able to play at superhuman APM in an APM deck.

4 Likes

Oh, but you write it as if no one used deck trackers before it was allowed. In reality, it is the other way round. Use first, and see if it is accepted.

I also find it strange that a personal judgement of another player’s action should depend on Blizzard’s ruling. Blizzard can decide it is not allowed, wouldn’t change my opinion that I wouldn’t mind.