Constant hidden disconnects - looks like game is fine

Hello, I am experiencing constant game freezes, resulting in game losses. My computer exceeds the requirements to run the game and I have used the FAQ checks on my internet connection.
It’s not even the “reconnecting” screen that happens occasionally. At least with that screen you know something is happening.
With this issue, the game simply stops responding but LOOKS like it’s still working. So I’ll end up sitting there waiting for the other player to take their turn, wondering when the fuse/timer will start, only it never does. Then I realize the game is frozen again, try to log out and back in as quickly as possible (which takes a long time) and poof, I’ve lost the game.
Today I was literally attacking to win an arena game when this happened. It’s incredibly frustrating to the point where I don’t want to play the game anymore. I would really appreciate some concrete solution(s). Thank you.

1 Like

Happened to me in Battlegrounds today. Same behaviour. No response to anything. Timer running out, but no battle. Disconnect without any crash. Nothing I tried, got connection back. Quit Game, restart, got into my running session (seems i had won the hidden battle), but still no action possible. Did it again, same. Tried it a third time - lost.

Could even make a screenshot, but forum does not allow me to send it here…
remove spaces: i.imgur. com/IYaTvUo .png

1 Like

Hello? Any support for this?

As far as I can tell the answer is no, there is no support for this. The best we can do is keep posting and showing that it is happening until literally, anything happens.

1 Like

Replying here so that the people on this thread can maybe resolve this too.

Ok so being very frustrated yesterday, I spent a few hours finding solutions and fixing it. I mostly play on PC so this solution is for that platform. It definitely is Blizzard but as far as I can see it is because the game has issues depending on how long it has been on your machine.

To Start Uninstall Hearthstone from your PC. Next, go into Program Files and AppData and delete everything related to Hearthstone. After that, I went through Registry edit and completely cleared Hearthstone from all parts of my computer. You can use CTRL + F to search easier. Slight disclaimer though is that I had an IT veteran watching and helping me DO NOT TOUCH REGISTRY EDIT UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIDENT AS THIS CAN DESTROY MACHINES. After that I was able to do a fresh re-install and the game has run rather smooth with minor disconnects (still happened a little)

Next step was to go into your Local C/Users/Whatever your username is/AppData/Local/Blizzard/Hearthstone

Once there, open Options.txt and insert the following lines anywhere:
targetframerate:i=60
vsync:b=False

This helped with the resource drain that Hearthstone was doing as well. Hope this can help anyone facing these errors since blizzard refuses to do this and to fix it you need to do it all by hand.

1 Like