Constant disconnection

Again, i have been booted 4 times from the app during battlegrounds.
Is there a fix for this issue Blizzard?
One would be appreciated

3 Likes

Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to report this. We aren’t currently aware of any server-side issues that would cause disconnects during Battleground matches, so if you haven’t already, be sure to try these troubleshooting steps to help narrow down what’s causing it.

If those steps don’t help, let us know what specific device you are using (device manufacturer and model).

Hello,
thanks for the reply. Just happened again to me while playing BattleGrounds. disconnect every turn until the app boots me, saying im no longer connected to the Blizzard servers and to restart the game. when i do, i cannot rejoin the game i was just kicked out of.
Ive lost 500 points in less than 24 hours in Battlegrounds due to being kicked from the Blizzard sever as my internet is not connected.
The game is literally unplayable at this point.
I honestly believe my account is targeted.

Amazon Fire 10hd running android 9

1 Like

Hey there!

Thank you for that additional information, and I’m sorry to hear that the disconnects continue to interrupt your Battlegrounds. Can you temporarily test an alternate network on your tablet such as a mobile hotspot? This will help quickly determine whether the disconnect issue is network-related.

Hello,
no i dont have access to a mobile hotspot. My.internet works fine, until i start to play hearthstone. then blizzard claims its not connected, while i look at the connection status, saying connected.
The game is unplayable for me because of this constant disconnection issue. ill start a new account and see if i have issues.

2 Likes

This is not only a mobile issue. I am getting them consistently on a hard wired computer as well. Youtube and Twitch are streaming just fine while playing with no skips or stutters. Every time it is my turn there is a 15 second delay and when I reconnect, I am roping during my turn. I agree, this is not playable right now.

3 Likes

GoodTimeSlim - If testing a different network is not an option, do you have a desktop computer that you can test on? It’s important to note that online games such as Hearthstone are more sensitive to connection instability. This means that any small “blip” or drop in your connection will result in being disconnected from the servers. Streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix, etc. “buffer” data to ensure that the playback continues if there is a sudden problem with the connection.

BigJeff - I am sorry to hear that you’re having a similar issue. We aren’t aware of any overarching server-side issues, but we’re more than happy to help investigate. We’ll want to have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the problem occurs in-game so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

This connection test will show us the connection route from the computer over to our servers. While our teams have many tools available, the connection routing is not something we can directly gather. We have no way to do that on our end, since we do not have direct access to the computer or home network where the disconnections occur.

As technical support, we are not the engineers or developers of the game. We offer troubleshooting and may request data about the system or connection so that we can get a better understanding of the issue. We do still have many tools available to us, but depending on the game, the data can be very limited, which is why we request information here on the forums.

Hopefully, this clears up some concerns. If you are experiencing any connection issues, the requested WinMTR test above will be helpful! I recommend to start your own thread though, since troubleshooting multiple issues on one thread can get a bit daunting and confusing.

Made a new account, disconnected right away from the blizzard server and booted.Just now, booted again turn 4-5 in BattleGrounds. Maybe it is my connection. Every other game i play online on this tablet has no issues but.i guess my internet is just bad.

I guess I’m done with hearthstone. I really enjoy it but i guess its time to uninstall.
I simply cannot play a full game

2 Likes

Same problem here. Especially since I play most rated time, it’s pretty frustrating to lose just because I couldn’t use all my combos on time. And don’t tell me to follow the Troubleshooting steps, because it’s because of your server, children have gone on vacation and you can’t cope anymore.

2 Likes

Tried once more and guess what??? i was booted from the app. Always when i hit first top 4. Done, game over, you’re not playing anymore.
I honestly believe im targeted by blizzard employees. there is no other explanation.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,
maybe this whole dc-thingy can be explained by a battlegorund-bug which is used often by other players nowadays: if you dc while the battle starts, you get staight to the minion selection again, after the connection. Therefore you can win a lot of time up to 2 minutes with a self induced disconnection and connection. I dont know how the servers of battlegrounda are organized, but my thought on this was: if a lot of players are using this bug, maybe it could result in a general instability of the whole match. For example: you are in the final rounds with 3 other players, they are all using the DC-bug, while everyone gets offline the whole match identifies just one player online and therefore kicks him too.

1 Like