Constant DC from games

I dont know what’s happening, but every HS game I play weather its classic standard arena or bg I just dc non stop, sometimes I reconnect and sometimes I just lose the game from a “leave”. It didn’t used to do this, but it’s been happening for a very long time now and I already tried your generic things like resetting router or flushing dns, don’t know how to fix. Found 0 useful articles online.

3 Likes

Same here, cant play a game

Hey there Rinne,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out with those details! If this is happening on a desktop PC, let’s go ahead and have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the problem occurs in-game so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 10 minutes. Ensure a disconnect happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording a disconnect, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                                SAGEMCOM -    0 |  482 |  482 |    0 |   34 | 4680 |    3 |

|                            10.11.16.129 -    1 |  480 |  479 |    1 |   31 | 4661 |    2 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  100 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|tcore4-montreal02_hundredgige2-13-0-0.net.bell.ca -    1 |  480 |  479 |    2 |   32 | 4645 |    2 |

|dis53-montreal02_hundredgige0-10-0-0.net.bell.ca -    1 |  480 |  479 |    1 |   31 | 4645 |    1 |

|  tcore4-montreal02_1-14-0-0.net.bell.ca -    1 |  480 |  479 |   11 |   41 | 4615 |   13 |

|tcore3-newyorkaa_hundredgige0-8-0-0.net.bell.ca -    1 |  480 |  479 |    9 |   38 | 4661 |   10 |

|          bx10-newyork83_ae0.net.bell.ca -    1 |  480 |  479 |    8 |   36 | 4615 |    9 |

|     blizzard_bx10-newyork83.net.bell.ca -    1 |  480 |  479 |   11 |   42 | 4661 |   13 |

|              ae1-br01-eqny8.as57976.net -    1 |  479 |  478 |   83 |  240 | 4661 |  139 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  100 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|         et-0-0-3-br02-eqla1.as57976.net -    1 |  479 |  477 |   75 |  106 | 4631 |   78 |

|                           137.221.68.87 -    1 |  480 |  479 |   80 |  109 | 4630 |   80 |

|        lax-eqla1-ia-bons-02.as57976.net -    1 |  479 |  477 |   80 |  100 | 4645 |   81 |

|                           24.105.30.129 -    1 |  480 |  479 |   80 |  107 | 4630 |   80 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
1 Like

Hey Rinne! Thank you for taking the time to run that WinMTR test and post the result. While the test here does not show conclusive evidence as to why you’re experiencing these persistent disconnects, we can see that the test recorded latency spikes up to 4680ms while the test was running. This spike in latency occurred on the first “hop” and affected all subsequent hops. But since the “average” latency is at a mere 34ms, this leads us to suspect that these significant spikes do not occur frequently. However, a latency spike to this degree could potentially be the reason behind a sudden disconnect.

With this in mind, can you temporarily test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN? This will help us quickly determine whether the issues are network-related.

If the issue is resolved when using an alternate network, at that point we can be sure that the issue is isolated to the primary network. In these situations, ultimately we can only recommend contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance determining what is causing the issue to occur on that specific network. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings or temporarily replace the network devices in your home to narrow it down further. I always recommend requesting to be forwarded to a “level 2 or level 3 technician” when contacting the ISP since the front-line representatives typically only have access to basic diagnostics and troubleshooting tools.

I hope this helps get you back to playing uninterrupted! Let us know if you have any questions going forward.

Im dcing every game sometimes I reconnect sometimes I don’t, please do not try to ask for a WinMTR if you arent going to respond like the last customer support. I’ve tried all the simple fixes prior don’t ask me to reset router or flushdns

1 Like

I’ve also been disconnecting constantly during games, but my issue has only recently started with the deployment of patch 20.0.

I’ve done everything I can on my end to fix the issue. Other Blizzard games are running just fine, and I’ve tried two separate networks with the same result. I can only assume it’s an issue on Blizzard’s end.

same here Blizzard give my money back and I will just quit the fk game.

I couldn’t reconnect the game after my account got dc. But I can log in my second account
easily using same pc same network. So, its kind of like my main account got kicked by Blizzard or my enemy until the game ended.

If this is the same thing I’m experiencing then it has nothing to do with our network.

The game occasionally will “disconnect” as in minions won’t move but I can see the arrows and minions being highlighted. It will reconnect on next turn. Once it happens in one game it will continue, the only solution is to quit and restart the game.

It’s really annoying.

Today it happened when I played Illucia, and then happened again when decks were swapped back. And now again I played Illucia and couldn’t do anything. My internet is fine, this is only happening in hearthstone.

Yep, just jumping on the bandwagon to say I’m having a similar issue. Get disconnected every 1-3 minutes for about 10 seconds at a time. This issue only occurs while playing hearthstone and not while any other apps are running on my pc. Also occurs both with a vpn and without.

1 Like

same, whats the fix?

As far as I’m aware there isn’t one, got a ticket in with support now so we’ll see.

I tried on my cellular network using my phone as a hotspot and no issues with the game. on the phone now with Optimum my ISP.

Man, the same crap. Loosing BS’s. Pressing the play button, then the cancel button becomes inactive (can’t leave) and all I can do is to spectate that spinning stuff.