Conceding the win brought me joy

I’ve been playing hearthstone for about five years now. Two weeks ago something happened for the first time in that five years. I was in a really fun, close match that I was about to lose. My opponent cleared my board and I was a sitting duck to his four minions ready to attack. He emoted “well played” then conceded.

I had never had this happen before. I have had people mess around and toy with me only for me to come back and win, but he just generously gave me the win. I pretty much forgot about it until a tavern brawl just now. I already got my win for the pack. I was a rogue facing hunter. It went down to the wire and after he took his last turn and passed to me for the win, I remembered the guy who conceded his win to me. I emoted Well Played, he emoted it back. I then conceded.

Honestly, that was the best feeling in hearthstone I’ve had in awhile. Something as simple as passing a win onto someone else was way more enjoyable than just helplessly slaughtering my opponent. I say pass it on every now and then, it doesn’t hurt that bad.

5 Likes

I always lose 4-5 matches in a row after I get my tavern brawl win. Some brawls heavily rng dependant are trash and I like to think that I’m helping at least one person to get their pack fast.

3 Likes

Hit me right in the feels!

Good for you! People like you make hearthstone fun and salt free to play with. Much better than a lot of people who BMs.

I’ve done it before a couple of times - when that person was playing basic cards which experienced people won’t - boulderfist ogres and stormwind champions, or when I am at rank 5 last time, and matched against a rank 6 who might need the win to get to rank 5.

1 Like

Need to keep this idea alive by having every new poster add “paid forward” to their post :slight_smile:

paid forward

The fact that you do this is irrelevant to the other player: the game eventually will give her free wins, since the mmr algorithm will kick in once she had enough loses.

You are not “paying forward”, you just do this to feel good with yourself.

So… same as every other charitable act?

1 Like

Yeah, sure, OK Joey.