Collection book

I am wondering if I am the only one who feels like they are being punished when they complete some event or other that gives golden versions of cards that are already in their collection. I build my own decks and it really annoys me that the collection book is filled with cards that I cannot use.

I realise that some players like keeping golden versions of the cards but why must we have both? I would craft all the unusable duplicates if I could, but it isn’t allowed. As far as I am concerned a player should be able to craft anything in their collection if they so choose or they should be able to include 4 copies of a card in the decks they build.

What is the point of the additional cards? Does Blizzard think their users appreciate free cards so much that they fall for this crap?

some people prefer how the base version of the card looks over the golden one, they’re not supposed to change the gameplay in any way so having 4 copies would go against that, you can also filter duplicates out from viewing in your collection when you press crafting and press the checkmarks under normal or premium (although you admittedly can’t filter them out when deckbuiding)

they are special editions of the originals. In these Greedo Discovers Deadly Shot first. But if you prefer the original where Han Discovered Deadly Shot first you are still welcome to use that one. However these are also to benefit the players that havent been around since those originals were released as many players’ collections dont all start with Legacy and Naxx all the way til current. For some they might have started in the Barrens or Titans. So now they can enjoy some of the Original in their new special edition newness.

//Yub Nub
//Jedi Rocks

I am aware that it is “horses for courses” with regard to golden or plain. What I am saying is I want to craft one or the other. I don’t want 4x one card if I can’t play 4x one card in a deck. It is just an annoyance. If a card is in my collection, I should be able to treat it the way I want. I would even settle for the ability to just delete the cards without gaining dust, just to be rid of them.