Christie Golden Laid Off

Christie Golden has been laid off from Blizzard! For those that don’t know she has been involved with the story of Warcraft for over 25 years.

I’m currently reading her novel Before the Storm. It’s a good read.

I hope that someone at Blizzard will try and get her back on the team. It makes me concerned about the future story development for Hearthstone. Will we ever get a Solo Adventure, short story. or comic in the future?

2 Likes

She got tired of the giant shoulder pads

To be fair, even horde players got tired of the oversized shoulder pads.

Good for ActiBlizsSoft for chopping a horrible “writer” from the team. Now if they’d only focus here on Hearthstone; there’s a whole dev team who could be let go.

1 Like

:thinking:

Antisemitism
hostility to or prejudice against Jewish people.

Jewish
belonging or relating to the religion of Judaism or to Jews

De facto Antisemitism is against people belonging to a religion. But you’re free to share what racial definition of jewish you’re talking about.

So you’re trying to redirect the topic. Reminder : we were talking about what was the most common between the word antiemetic and antisemitic and I was giving the example of talking about nausea and medication with women around me.

Notice that I haven’t given my opinion on any gender associated topic so I don’t understand why you are bringing that on the table.

And that’s not what I’ve said. I’ll thank you for not making things up.
Antisemitism has been and is a thing, a disgusting one as any other form of discrimination.

What is a conspiracy theory though is accusing corporations to have an agenda when you don’t even try to provide backup for your accusations.
It is a theory as long as it is not proven. What are your proofs so far when I’m asking you what you’re talking about ?

Nothing. Not the slightest thing I could check on to make my own opinion about your claim.

You almost had it. Almost.

I’d like to see you tell a non religious Jewish person they aren’t Jewish and see how far that gets you.

No…I pointed out the sexism and deep seated prejudice of this company early on.

In reply to:

To (your inappropriate reference and antisemitism), you replied:

Interesting how you made it exactly about it being a “conspiracy theory.”

Because they literally made it vanish. Rather than make it a point to say “we don’t support antisemitism” they decided to 404 a topic entirely.

And microsoft’s interesting spell check “error.”

Now, only pro company posters can do this. Anyone else who points out the ACTUAL bots on the forum gets their post removed.

Naturally, the mods will ignore this, like they do the threats, flaming, harassment, etc.

Because sexism, racism, and all that are 100% ok here so long as it’s done by the right people.

Now sponsored by microsoft.

Confirmed: as they will lock and bury their sexism and racism rather than have it discussed.

I’m sorry but when I’m using words I relate to their definitions to know what i’m saying.
If the definitions I’m using are not correct, please refere to those who created such definitions. The case being, “Oxford Language” that was the first google such result when asking the definition of jewish.

But I’m waiting for your racial definition of jewish, unless I’m the only one here trying to make the conversation go on.

Yes, and at no point I replied to that part, so bringing it back in that exchange is redirecting.
Also, having a misogynistic record doesn’t mean you can’t fire a woman without being sexist. Without any further context on why she got fired, you are making things up. So either your call for sexism on that particular case is undocumented, or your provide actual context so you’re not just lining big keywords just for fun.

Having a misogynistic record and not firing a female employee because they are female, even though you would have actual good reasons to, would be the sexist way.

Which inappropriate reference, and please quote my antisemitic sentences. You’re quite the type to just throw accusations without context, that’s a thing.

You really seem to not have the ability to understand sentences, even after they’ve been explained.
The conspiracy theory is about imagining corporations having secrets agendas. What word have you not understood yet ?

Because nothing of this belongs on a video game forum ??? How are you so entitled on this topic that you don’t even realize that nothing of this should occure on an official public forum from a digital card game ?
Do you expect from the moderators of the official hello kitty online forum to allow random users to discuss about the israeli palestinian conflict ? No. So why are you expecting the moderators of the Hearthstone forum, a pegi 7 game, to allow people to debate about antisemitism ?
It’s only because of a very poor moderation that this very topic looks like this. As soon as that word was written, we shouldn’t have been allowed to continue that discussion. Not because they would try to mute us, but because this does not belong here.

This is unfortunate as I really enjoyed her WoW books.

2 Likes