Choose One: **Sn1p** or **Aura Discounts**

While Sn1p Sn4p itself sounds like one (and the only) thing that is limiting design for future releases and makes me wonder what they were thinking when releasing it as it prompted for an “unlucky” nerf of something that was doing just fine on its own the second before Sn1p Sn4p was announced (RcklssExprimntr) in some ways it has also brought up a somewhat “recurring” issue related to “Aura Mana discounting effects” which is infinitely playing things discounted to 0;

if Priest was “spared” the issue of Comboing the heck out of Sn1p Sn4p in Standard, Warlocks are having a field day of discounting it to 0 and comboing it in Wild; also Hunters could potentially start abusing this combo;

As a honorable mention, Sorcerer’s Apprentice is being especially annoying alongside Flamewalker and Mana Cyclone in discounting those 1 mana Spells (Ice Lance died in vain);

to make it all more simple: adding a “no less than (1)” limitation to some aura effects rather than all, is bound to cause issues with future releases as it also limits design; however, it also can bring some rather “fun” interactions, such as the 'ol Lyra chains/trains or the “fine” “AH-HAH!” Mage; should all “aura discounting” get a “no less than 1” for safekeeping AND fair treatment?

or Sn1p Sn4p should be dealt with as its the only one of its kind and Blizz learnt that its a bad design and won’t make it again?

In case Blizzard decided to take action towards this (as they said they were keeping an eye on Sn1p Sn4p and Mech Warper shenanigans), which would you find as the most sensible choice(s)?

Ehh, wild is wild? Just have to be sure those type things don’t find a way into standard.

It’s totally ok to have a mode where you can pull off any sick broken combo you can dream up

Just yet another card that becomes a problem discounted to 0. Blizzard has a long line of busted cards at 0. Its a designer rite of passage thing. You aint nobody unless u made a card that became busted at 0.

The real broken card in the combo isnt snip-span. It is mech wrapper.

The second combo of glinda + mech wrapper + any magnetically mech works without snip-snap

A quick fix will be to nerf mech wrapper so that mech cost can’t go below zero.

This brings it in line with summoning portal and other cost reduction minions.

Yes we should put a limit on mana discount aura to 1

I’ve been saying that for some time, we either nerf snip-snap now and wait for the next 0 mana infinite card to break the game again, or we address the issue in its root so that sorcerer’s apprentice, mech warper, radiant elemental don’t forever limit design space for future cards

1 Like

again with the limiting design space without even trying to say WTF are they talking about what kind of cards they cant release

is funny becuasue most of the time they are wrong like with shudderwock they claimed they cant release good battlecry minions because shudderwock exists and the released several since

2 Likes

The sensible choice is just to unnerf Reckless Experimenter, let it play out and see if it is actually a problem - and then decide what to do about it.

Warlock isn’t dooming Wild with Sn1p-Sn4p.

Though, that combo needs way more time to pull off than the other one that involves sn1p-sn4p.

And here is a fundamental question: do we want to nerf aura discount cards cause of their power level or rather cause the APM game style they enable doesn’t fit this game at all.

To be more precise, there is a total of 3 cards involved in the latter case: Sorcerers Apprentice, Mechwarper, and Radiant Elemental.
While Exodia/Cyclone Mage and APM Priest don’t feel especially powerful right now, this can change anytime in the near future via strong tutoring/combo enhancing tools, and this is actually realistic as Blizzard usually disregards Wild when designing cards. If nerfing Mechwarper would be purely for design purpose, then i think it’s inevitable to nerf the other 2 as well.

But if we only want to target SN1P-Sn4P Warlock, nerfing Mechwarper would be a mistake in my opinion, as the card kinda fulfills an essential role in every single Mech deck that makes them viable. Mechhunter and Mechpaladin are not especially strong right now, and nerfing Mechwarper would be a quite a hit on them (that said, it would probably open up some design space for future mechs, but since we usually don’t get that many mechs per expansion, I think it’s unnecessary to regard this aspect).

Since Sn1p-Sn4p Warlock is arguably not an S tier deck right now, i think there is no reason to target only this one archetype. I think the most correct step here is to look at this from design perspective, and if we deem this kind of play style to be unfit, then let’s proceed along that line.

As much as I love playing Mechhunter and Dragon Priest, i can wholeheartedly accept a design purposed nerf, although, I can not accept seeing only Mechwarper being nerfed to bring down an archetype that was at best low tier 2 before the release of SN1P-SN4P.

2 Likes