Cheater/Hacker in Ranked standard play?

FINAL EDIT: In light of the comments and pointers below, I remove this post&thread and will report this on the appropriate channel. Thanks to all.

Hello folks.
Not sure whether I’m doing this right, or if there’s another way to report this, please let me know if the latter is the case.

I believe I have encountered a cheater or hacker. I’ve just finished my ranked game vs. a Priest who played several Hunter cards without having played any cards that could have made that possible.

It’s the second time this has happened. The first time I saw an opponent play cards that weren’t supposed to be in their deck/hand was some months ago - again a Priest. I thought maybe I was too tired, or not sharp enough, and I dismissed it. But this time I was a bit sharper, and after he/she/it played a Shimmerfly and a Dire Frenzy, I recovered from my shock so I could play. I watched as the opponent put 2 more Shimmerflies in play, fired a Flare, a Cybertech Chip, an Arcane Shot and a Hunting Party, and a second Dire Frenzy.

Apparently I wasn’t sharp enough to make screenshots of this all, I only took one after I had won. In it, the opponent still has a Shimmerfly buffed with Dire Frenzy on the board before I land the final blow.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/3277/moCEze.png

How is the above possible, Blizzard?

Thoughtsteal, Mind Vision, Mind Control, King Togwaggle, Azalina Soulthief, the list goes on.

Next time, provide evidence of your claim.

Unless you have direct access to the Hearthstone Servers, it isn’t possible to “hack” or “cheat” in Heartstone. I believe your tinfoil hat is on a little too tight.

There’s a sticky post on how to attach screenshots.

2 Likes

“Thoughtsteal, Mind Vision, Mind Control, the list goes on.”

If you actually read my post, I say clearly the Priest did NOT play any cards such as the ones you mention.

“Next time, provide evidence of your claim.”
See above - edited my post to add the screenshot.

“Unless you have direct access to the Hearthstone Servers, it isn’t possible to “hack” or “cheat” in Heartstone. I believe your tinfoil hat is on a little too tight.”
All I want is to find the explanation for this. My tone is nowhere near too tight.

Do you have any idea about this, have you heard anyone mention such a case?

If you won, then you shouldn’t care if your opponent cheated or not!
Remember cheaters never prosper.

2 Likes

Such claims have been made on this forum before, and in every single case where the poster provided conclusive evidence, it turned out that the opponent did, in fact, play cards to make it happen legitimately, and the poster just wan’t paying attention. Forgive us for not taking your report on faith.

Your screenshot does document that your opponent had a Shimmerfly in play, but otherwise it contains no details that would allow us to point out exactly how it happened.

When your opponent played the Shimmerfly, it should have said “created by Thoughtsteal” or whatever other card caused it. And even if you weren’t paying close attention at the moment the Shimmerfly was played, you can inspect the play history area on the left and it will have the same information.

A screenshot of the play history area, with your mouse hovering over the Shimmerfly play entry, would have been much more informative.

2 Likes

Naming and shaming is not allowed on these forums. Regardless of whether you actually faced a cheater or whether you missed something, you should edit your post and remove the name of your opponent.

I recommend that you start playing with an addon that records all game actions to hsreplay.net. Then if this happens again you can (1) review the game yourself to verify whether you really missed nothing; and (2) provide that link as evidence when you report the incident.

Since calling out user names is against the rules of this forum, the best place to report a cheater is probably to email the address (including the hsreplay.net link in your report) mentioned here:

On the other hand, if you prefer to have others look at it first and verify that you didn’t overlook anything, then the New Player Tavern forum is probably the best place; this forum should be reserved for bug reports only. (Despite the name, the New Player Tavern is not only for new players, but it is a forum where people ask their questions about games, strategy, and rules - and get answers).

2 Likes

Or you just missed them. Next time use HSReplay instead of screenshots.

I agree this screenshot isn’t the full proof, and I don’t expect the claim to work because I said so, but again, my opponent didn’t play anything that would generate any cards, let alone cards outside the Priest class. The first Shimmerfly came on turn 2, the first Dire Frenzy came on turn 4 - I am not delusional, nor would I have to be a genius to notice something so blatantly out of place, after 4 years of playing HS.

I suppose next time (which I hope won’t happen) I will document this better. But during the duel I focused on winning and only realized towards the end, when my indignation rose to the brink, that reporting this player will take proof. My bad.

The statistic you provide is encouraging for sure. But just because something hasn’t happened yet, it doesn’t mean it can’t.

Thanks for your input mate.

1 Like

Chameleos could explain the Shimmerfly, and it would not require any other cards to be played previously.

3 Likes

Yeah sometime in the meta i see Chameleos and Madame Lazul , so is possible he generate more cards with Shimmerfly - Dire Frenzy combo.

Just now I saw a mech warlock, going by the name of:
Шторм
,who is probably russian i believe.

He did mech reduction by 1 and portal, then echo mech, BUT the whole game he played like a a bot, instant moves every turn. Then when he had the board, he started playing that broken mech card, DECLEARED THE ATTACK ON MY FACE (was rope time btw), then added a few dozen more on top, then attacked. I want this bot investigated ty.

public shaming other players in the forums is against the terms of service, and could be considered harassment. Please remove your opponent’s name from your post. Resurrecting a 6 month old thread is also bad form.

It is perfectly possible to play cards really fast, queuing a lot of actions before the rope finishes burning. The game takes a long time after that to continue the animation of all the actions which were done before the end of the rope, and that is especially true when your opponent plays the cards, since the animation adds also a short display of which card was played, slowing things down for you.

The animation of the red arrow is independent of the rest of the queued animation (the red arrow responds immediately to what your opponent is doing, but the other animations wait for their turn). I see very often arrows pointing at me, my minion and so on in quick succession, then one at a time the minions and spells do their things, log after the arrow is done.

If that does not satisfy you, and you really think the opponent cheated, then report them the proper way:

1 Like

i encountered a hacker i had him down to 20 health he hit my hero and got instant full health or is that a stupidly op card ability

restart this dammit hearthstone i have played 1 day and meet 8 hackers 1 mana summon 6x 10 mana monsters with 1 round

The problem is they keep hacking and cheating at this game and Blizz doesn’t do squat about it. You can only play soo many games when people ALWAYS get the cards they need and you can’t get a lower card to save your life until the sixth round and even then you have taken so much damage you might not be able to come back and at least make a game of it. Then screens go dark and it seems they know your cards. I have even faced people with loaded legendary decks. You can only have one legendary card I am certain, but they have twos and threes of the ones they have. Also there are the loaded decks where they have more of some cards then they should with no explanation (IE magic card creation). Most of these cheaters are in Rank Mode…are your so called Legend Ranks really legend or are the frauds. Seriously Blizz, get on the ball and fix your game before people like me walk away from your games all together.

1 Like

I agree. I just got through a game where someone played the same legendary twice and not only that but one right next to the other. It clearly states we can only have one of the same legendary in a deck. I have also faced those who always get they need. I just let it go sometimes but its becoming more obvious people are cheating and its EASY to tell who they are. Them saying we cant put the names of those people on forums seems a little fishy to me but i don’t make the rules i just quit playing and keep my money when Blizzard decides to let it happen all the time.

No one is cheating you. Discover can give you additional copies of Legendary’s. I use this all of the time.

1 Like