Censorship again?!

So all of a sudden you are changing the art of card that are in the game from day one? The Succubus is now a Felstalker? Sorry Blizzard but women have breasts. This ridiculous infantilization has to stop. If this where the game is going I’m out.
O and I am one of the people that spends money on this not someone screeching over the internet that will never play the game but is “offended”. Get a clue.

93 Likes

I’m offended that you changed (Succubus):imp:

19 Likes

It is rather stupid they are doing this to appease china

29 Likes

Blizz you need to shed some light on this topic. I get enough SJW rammed down my throat every day to have to deal with it while I try to relax playing video games at night. I have been playing HS for years - I don’t want to pick a new game because of SJW pandering. Please let us know what is going on?

35 Likes

Once again the leftwing corporate gaming industry is oppressing us male gamers: /r/GamersRiseUp !!!

11 Likes

It’s posts like these that make gamers look like entitled brats. A new expansion has just been announced, and there all sorts of topics you could talk about related to the actual game, and the forums instead decide to fixate on changes to the art of a handful of cards.

There are literally thousands of other games out there, with all the breasts, blood and gore that you could want, including ones made by Blizzard themselves. Go play them and vote with your wallet.

5 Likes

You seem quite entitled to your opinion for someone who thinks entitlement and opinions are wrong.

13 Likes

If you read this:

and think it means this:

You might be misunderstanding the point. Or willfully mischaracterizing it for the sake of building a strawman. Not a good look either way.

3 Likes

This is an absolute JOKE !

How old does Blizzard think we are ?!

“OMG boobs, quick censor it, boobs bad, boobs evil”

The cards were like that since day one and NO ONE ever complained

And you can be SURE that blizzard will not stop there.

They WILL censor even more cards mark my words

It started with Jaina’s cleavage censor and it will continue

9 Likes

You have less capability for logic and reason. (Than you should)

He says that those complaining are acting like brats, and then complains about them.

He can have an opinion about whether or not people are right or wrong for being mad about the censorship, but others CANT have an opinion about said censorship?

That’s hypocritical. And very typical of snowflakes.

6 Likes

They don’t care what you think about the censorship because we are no longer their target audience. Blizzard only cares about China. Everyone else is just a speed bump in their way.

Blizzard couldn’t care less about any of us anymore. Their only concern is for China and sadly this is true with all their games right now.

6 Likes

This, it’s purely about china and getting in on that market.

3 Likes

You’re conflating “having an opinion” (which everyone is entitled to) and “having a valid opinion” (which depends on the criteria used by whoever is evaluating the opinion). You can have opinions about censorship, but whether other people find these opinions valid or not will depend on how these opinions are presented and supported.

Remember when Blizzard refused almost all post-release balance changes, sometimes even bug fixes, by spouting things like ‘returning players coming back to the same game they left’, ‘soul of the cards’ and ‘the feeling that your cards are truly yours’? And now they defecate all over some of their most iconic art.

Remember:
Cleavage and red paint: bad!
Selling gambling to children: good!

23 Likes

We shoudn’t be forced to suffer dumb changes thanks to nonsensical chinese laws, (anyone remenber the rainbow six censorship?) If anything let us have the normal cards as the always have been, and make these changes strictly to the chinese servers like the rainbow six team has

4 Likes

Now il be honest with everyone reading my post above, i havent played hearthstone in about 2 years or something, but the moment you start to bend your knee to stuff like this, its only a matter of time before it creeps its way up to another games

4 Likes

Ow this is well bad… I am like really outraged… :right_anger_bubble:

This demands a protest… quickly someone start that “Free the Nipple” thing.

3 Likes

Its most likely the reason is international stuff. The solution should be just change all female characters into a solid black bar for the art that way there will be no issue in any communist or fanatical religious country. So any new card thatss Random Female Whatever just a black bar or just stick to robots and beasts.

5 Likes

Blizzard are fat lazy f1cking slops. All they have to do is make a separate version of the game for china and they can censor to there f1cking hearts content. Instead they ruin the games art for everyone I am so over it. I am done with Activision Blizzards lazyiness and will no longer support this game gg blizzard you played yourself.

10 Likes

This does not make sense, the opinions can be valid or not depending on the subject.

Killing another person for fun is bad.

If a person says it in an educated and calm way it is valid, if a person says it insulting and shouting … it is also valid. Simply the second person would be a little altered, that does not change the validity of his opinion.

As for censorship, the opinions are based on OUR market, which has followed a specific line for years and is currently modified by standards from another region, a region where we do not play as servers are separated.

And deep down it’s just developer laziness, instead of having to make a POOH version of the game for China they do the whole game based on their standards.

It is not a matter of “breasts and butts” because it involves more aspects and extends more and more. When we had a problem with the deadly shot ?.

The shooting games in China such as Fortnite (or something similar) were modified so that by “killing” the enemy instead of dying, greet and give away a box, and then leave.

Next level: Warcraft - Hugscraft

2 Likes