Cards that affect your hand

Stop making cards that affect your opponent’s cards in hand. There are very very few cards that stop this process and I mean very few…less than there are cards that take cards out of your opponent’s hand or deck. This mechanic is terrible and should either be super rare and hard to get or just not in the game at all…I can’t tell you how many games I quit when I go against cards like: Mutanas, Sire, Patchwerk, etc. These cards ruin even the best of games. These cards are not balanced because they don’t even care what is going on in the game. Your opponent could be getting completely slammed then play one of those cards and come all the way back and win in a scenario where they shouldn’t be able to. Honestly, I would either ban those cards (do not make cards to counter them since that is a waste) or just hire a new team that understands balance in card games…you could also go a set or 9 without making anymore cards that give you random cards…

2 Likes

You can still win a match when your opponent plays cards like this. I understand how frustrating they are to go up against. Its not a great feeling when one of your good cards get eaten or stolen from hand. However, These types of cards are always going to be in the game, thats why it’s important to have a deck that is versatile and can survive cards like this that your opponent may play against you.

We all face this, try not to let it bother you too much. Sometimes you might be surprised of the outcome of the match if you decide to start sticking them out.

As long as otks continue to exist, hand attack cards are by far the lesser of 2 evils and must also exist. Compared to getting killed from hand, losing 1 card from hand is nothing. If a deck loses because it lost 1 card from hand, it was a bad deck that deserved to lose. Losing cards from deck is even less consequential, barely even a resource being lost.

4 Likes

Near the beginning of hearthstone I remember reading an interview where (ben brode?) said that they avoided these kinds of mechanics because they feel bad to play against.

Now, many years later they have run low on ideas and now they bleed class identities others, have mass card draw for all classes, OTK’s, and hand and deck disruption/destruction.

2 Likes

The truest sentence I’ve read today. Look at Warrior. Look at the cards they got in FoL. Okay we got some menagerie, but we didn’t get any of the obvious synergistic cards in Core? I’m just confused. Usually I’ve gotten my Pre-order by now, but I’m still on the fence. Haven’t even played enough games to maintain my star bonus yet in Standard.

1 Like

Yes, hand manipulation is the worst thing they could create… but sometimes… it could be really useful… while some classes are getting instant win mechanics like Quest priest… one of my worst nightmare was until I managed to make Mutanus eat up their Quest minion… or take it away by Mad Duke… ugly things… but it gives the enemy a chance to win… the only chance… basically… :\ They should just stop creating instant win cards… then hand manipulation could be also removed… simple as that…

1 Like

wasnt druid combo and freeze mage ones the only combos we had ?

they had to add disruption to be free to add more combos

Both can be dealt with in one fell swoop. Legend with start of game affect to transform both decks into random cards.

Just keep in mind it would’ve been much easier to not plant poison ivy than it is to plant it, need to spray Round up on it, then need the hospital when you drench yourself in Round up and have cancer.

1 card? there are like 4 or 5 cards or more that do this it isn’t just 1 card.