Can't get the game to maximize the window

Hi, after the recent update for some reason I’ve been unable to maximize my screen when I’m in the game, I used some of the past solutions like going into fullscreen mode and coming back but I still can’t get the game window to fill the whole screen, is this a known issue on this update?

2 Likes

We’re seeing this happen for those who received snip snap after the patch and we’ve replicated this on our end. It seems to only impact Windowed mode. The current work around we have is to use the Fullscreen option in the Hearthstone settings. This may need to be done a few times if it doesn’t work on the first try.

Was working fine till yesterday and now I can’t maximize the damn window, I don’t use full screen, I like to access my taskbar while playing and now it just won’t stay maximized.

things i have tried, fullscreened it>quit>restart>unfullscreened it>maximise it>closed it>restart it> DiD NOT work.

How to fix this thing…

UPDATE:
Solved it on my own, no thanks to you guys!

if you want the solution, it’d be 10000 gold dust…plus a card back that I wants…

1 Like

would love if you could tell me, i hate not having access to my taskbar

Sure, only telling you, don’t tell them though.

Go to “C:\Users\Username*\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone” open the options file and change these settings there. *Username=Yourcomputername

graphicsfullscreen=False
graphicsheight=760
graphicswidth=1360

Note that my screen resolution is 1366x768, so I set the graphics height and width just under that, so change that according to your screen’s resolution. Now start the game, don’t use the maximize button, just drag the corners to your desired choice and that’s it. When you want to stop playing, don’t click the cross button at up top, use the options quit button.

It works fine on my end, if it doesn’t on yours. Just keep talking to blizzard and tell them you’re planning to buy packs and they might help you.

Your method worked at first but after I quit out and restarted the game it snapped back to where it was before.

It’s annoying how this issue seems to pop up at least once a year for me. It’d be nice if Blizzard could actually fix it for good this time.

so any news? i still cant maximize the windowed mode…

Hi,
can not change the resolution for the window mode in the graphic settings since the patch. No matter what I click on, it will always be set to ‘Custom’, with the result that the screen will not be filled.
The resolution of my monitor is set to the recommended 1920x1080.
If I want to set this in the graphics options, it always jumps back to ‘Custom’, so it does not react at all. Maximize synonymous not help, the window moves a little bit, but it always remains an edge (about 2cm)

Greetings
Zoppo

1 Like

Got the same issue and this is a constantly recurring one, tried every fix I could find from starting in full-screen mode and then trying to reset to windowed, repairing the game and so forth.

As soon as I set the game to windowed fullscreen it holds for half a second before reverting to covering just a part of the screen. Same if I start in fullscreen and then click on windowed it just minimizes again.

I am experiencing the same problem. Can’t get the game to stay in Maximized mode to fill the screen. It keeps changing back into a smaller window every time I try to maximize. Tried the fixes mentioned above but nothing works.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I can’t get the game to maximize as a Window. I tried uninstalling/re-installing, updating every driver I can and playing with the app settings like compatibility mode. Nothing works. Seems to be related to the latest patch.

I don’t know if can be helpful but I found a “workaround” to temporarily solve the issue, and maybe also help the developers to understand the problem… here are the passage to fix the problem:

1. Open the game and set fullscreen in option
  2. Close the game from ITS MENU (not Alt+F4 or any other manner)
  3. Open the game again, it should be fullscreen because of the last settings, and reclose it (always only from its menu)
  4. Reopen the game and remove the fullscreen option
  5. Now you can maximize the window

If you want to “reduce the steps” that you should do each time, before closing the game, re-enable the fullscreen option and for the next gaming session you can start from point 3.

I found that this “workaround” works only if the game is opened and closed in the same session with fullscreen already on. If during the lifetime cycle of the game you change that settings, he need to be re-opened and re-closed with the fullscreen already enabled to let you maximize the window in the next session.

Hope this helps and works for all of you. Give feedback!

2 Likes

Thx, that works!
A little bit laborious, but better than nothing

Zoppo

Thanks, Claudio! We were able to replicate that this works on our end as well! It’s still has little glitches and bugs here and there while changing the resolution, but this is a much better work around than using the Fullscreen option for some folks :slight_smile: Please try this if you are running into the Windowed mode issue.

Currently, there’s no update on the issue, but please let us know if this workaround helps you so we can continue forwarding this to our team :slight_smile:

1 Like

This workaround used to work in the past when this issue happened but it does not work now.

What you mean by now? I used this during the last 2 weeks

The latest patch fixed it for me. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks Zayle for the update! I tried this on our end, and it’s not as bad as before, but there’s still some glitchy behavior. Breaking what Claudio suggested still seems to cause it, less often, but it still occurs. Anyone still experiencing the issue?

i still have issues . after MANY tries i achieve proper maximized window. it takes more than 3-4 minutes tho. its painful everytime i have to launch hs to spend so much time to fix it

Patch fixed it for me, too.