Cant buy tavern pass with gold?

every single other battle pass for other games let you buy the pass again with the currency you earn from the last pass, why not yours? what am i supposed to do with all this gold. i dont play mercenaries, so theres nothing to spend it on except card backs and wack heros. plz revise your decision to not let players use gold to buy the tavern pass.

Sincerely, long time customer of 10+ years

16 Likes

No offense, I’m with you, I promise. However, if you’ve been around that long you have to see how this pattern is going and the last thing they’re going to do right now is miss a chance to make ANY money in ANY game they run.

yeah im catching their drift, not a good taste in my mouth thats for sure.

1 Like

They let you buy the Battlegrounds Pass with gold until now… the Tavern Pass has NEVER been purchaseable for gold. I wouldn’t be surprised though if the BG Pass - which is “currently being reworked” - is the next item to disappear from the “possible to buy with gold” list. Otherwise there’s no reason why it’s being reworked atm

Blizzard: GIMME MONEY!

1 Like

You can buy card packs with your gold.

1 Like

You can always buy card packs.

Blizzard is a business. They are allowed to make money. There is no obligation on their end to give anyone anything, including in game gold.

I don’t think he’s asking for gifts, that much is clear. Anyone assuming my ingame time generating a reward is a gift is filth.

2 Likes

One: You have been gifted the opportunity to play this game for free, no obligation to spend anything in real currency.

So far that is Blizzard 1 to you 0 in terms of gifts given.

Two: They gifted you a way to earn in game currency (gold) to be able to expand your collection of cards. Included in that is also a dust mechanic where a secondary currency (dust) is made available to you.

Blizzard 2. You 0.

You come into the forums asking why you cannot get something using only in game currency. I see nothing here but an entitled disposition of “I shouldnt have to spend any money on anything I want.”

Blizzard 2: You -1

Why, as a business that makes games as their means of being a profitable business, would they cater to you or others like you with similar views? Where is the incentive for them to do such a thing? I fail to see any reason they would willingly do as you wish they would.

You spending your time in the game is a gift to you, as you have chosen to spend your time there and with their product and not somewhere else with someone else’s product. They gave you that entertainment where you spent time to generate that reward of the in game currency.

Gold can always be used to Buy Booster packs of nearly all expansions. Do you have a compete collection or every set? If the answer is no, then you have plenty of options to spend the gold on. Also Arena tickets or Heroic Duels tickets can be bought with tat gold. So again, many things you can spend it on. If you chose not to that is on you.

The in game store is there for them to make the revenue so that you and the many others like you can be on their game earning and spending only in game currency. There will be things you want in the store eventually that you will want that cannot be bought with in game currency. Its up to you to make a choice as to if its worth it to you to use irl money or not, but its not the company’s responsibility to make it available to you with in game gold just because you want them to. Even if it was available in the past as such, had you considered the option that they had a plan where it was that way for a while on purpose to make it where when they changed it eventually you would find the option of not having it at all as worse than spending the money irl to get it? You got used to having that thing and when things changed and that thing now had a pricetag to it, the idea of going back to not having that thing was just so unpleasant you can easily convince yourself to throw some disposable income their way.

But what would I know about it. Im just using logic and not my basic instincts of Want want want gimme gimme.

1 Like

Good. I’ve been trying to advocate receiving ‘Something’ for spending 30+ minutes in each battleground game. 1-4 get xx reward, something other than 202 xps cap per game.

1 Like

You forgot Blizzards promise made about 6 times in the past not to provide unfair advantages paid for by RL currency… guess you missed that bit of logic in your fanboy rant huh… :unamused:

9 Likes

What advantage does picking from 4 heroes as opposed to 2 grant as an advantage over any other player? It isnt like the other 2 heroes that are hidden if you lack the bg perks are available to anyone else. They are locked to you, should you not have the perks then you can only pick between 2 of the 4. There isn’t any signifigant advantage to that when everyone else doesnt get something you dont. (as in an extra mana to start with, or a free golden minion to begin round one with, etc. You can just pick from random heroes like we all can. Some are garbage and some aren’t. Its RNG at that point. Just paying to have a chance to roll the dice 4 times instead of twice in terms of what heroes you could have been presented isnt giving you a substantial leg up in the game where you draft your board turn by turn like everyone else. Also emotes. purely cosmetic and unecessary and add no competitive advantage

Can you explain how getting to pick from either Ragnaros or George the Fallen when playing without perks is in any way worse off than picking from Vanndar Stormpike, Lich Baz’hial, Skycap’n Kragg, and Elise Starseeker with the perks? I fail to see the competitive advantage the perks have given in this scenario. IRL $ didnt give a better roll of the dice as to what I could pick from, just more of the same garbage to do so.

While I agree with your premise, I will add one thing; They did change the BG perk such that new heroes released are only available to those who bought the perk for a certain amount of time (I dont remember how long). So while the 4 option is no different from the 2 option in theory, you are unable to pick the newest BG heroes for a limited time without the perk.

Whether that is considered pay for an advantage or pay for a longer time to use newer things?

Early access til they are officially released could be argued that way. However I could also argue that while the ones with perks get to pick that hero as an option, the ones without the perks get to learn how to interact and adapt for it ahead of schedule as well. Instead of a flat and universal release date where everyone gets to experience the new hero as both operator and opponent, both get to have the advantage of experiencing the new hero and their abilities and can make a better strategy based on that knowledge. Imagine Jaraxxus was to be released next for example, and sure the perks players could get the chance to pick them and the perkless wouldnt, during that early access window, once it came to release date, the perkless would have seen and known about his abilities being based on Demons being available to him to scale them. If all the players in the lobby knew this thanks to the early access perks people, despite them being perkless, they would know on day 1 to starve Jaraxxus of demons to negate the new hero from being such a threat.

The benefit of being the one to play the new hero ahead of release date isnt the only tangible thing the perks offer. It gives valuable knowledge to all, with or without the perks being purchased. So I still say there isnt any significant advantage to the perks in a match. just a time table slightly ahead of the rest and a wider selection pool. But no tangible advantage.

One might argue if the newest hero is unbalanced and OP it would be, but by the same logic they could just as easily have made a hero that is unbalanced and Under Powered to the point of being the worst possible hero ever made. Imagine combining the negatives of being AFK for 2 rounds but also having the opposite of Milhouse’s passive where every minion costs 4 mana. If they made such a hero, let’s name it… Gamon, and the perks crowd got early access to such a trash hero, would you claim the perks paid off for them then? Or would it only be when an OP and unbalanced hero was offered, say Diablo again?

The instinct to think the perks are a pay to win ticket is an easy conclusion to come to. However I think it to be a fallacy when one considers all aspects.

i smell lots and lots of copium lol

4 Likes

Agree should be able with gold currency

2 Likes

that doesn’t matter the amount you spend is all that matters.

Did you really just ask that question… If the heroes were balanced it wouldn’t matter, but considering only 10% of them are playable at a winning level, you now have half the chance to get a good hero, or be forced to slog through a game with a garbage hero that Blizzard is too inept to be able to balance properly.

5 Likes

I repeat my question:

Given that scenario, where did the irl $ give the advantage?

@Cramer
first i don’t play any duels or arena, just share my thought. whenever you are given more options than the person next, you have an advantage. now those additional option may not affect game outcome, but in reality, you did get extra options than the other person

1 Like