Can we have legendary mercenaries cards before portraits?

Besides the ones from pre-order and starter bundles, I only got one legendary mercenary from the first 10 pack and another one when the pity time kicked in. My long-delayed three legendary turned out to be a stupid portrait that I can’t care less.

Devs-, aren’t the mercenary cards supposed to drop before any of the portraits? I have seen people had normal/plain portraits for the same cards they got from pre-order, such as a normal diablo portrait even though the player has a diamond version from the preorder … That must hurt even more.

1 Like

Heck im not buying anymore at all since my last pack was 5x coins …when idont have every mercs nor do i have all portraits …

I bought welcome bundle for 6$ and 10x packs with gold … wont put anything in it unless they change the way it works , be it gold or money …

Edit: barely 20 packs in and already getting 5x coins , its insane haha but i feel bad for those that put in more to not even have every merc yet , or at least every portrait…

You can get “lucky” and get a legendary portrait in place of coins. The only time you’re guaranteed a merc before a portrait is if it’s your mercenary spot in the pack.

You have every rare merc then.

1 Like

Cosmetics from packs in a step in the wrong direction and exactly why I have not spent any money on this game mode expansion.

portratis i m getting from packs are rare…( those have a 33% drop rate )

im pretty sure a 33% rate for legendaries is too high

those bundles are for getting into the mode the 20 packs one seems the best deal we got so far for mercenaries

youll get all the rares and 3 legendaries ( 1 from the guaranteed one on the first 10 packs )

for that price i think this is abetter deal than the pre order bundles

Why…?

If their profit model is reliant on selling cosmetics for money, then they can make the actual gameplay rewards more accessible.

Mines was 10 and a legendary for 6$ , worth it just to get started , but they would need to put in a lot more for me to even put another $ in it , which i think is fine since this makes it very f2p friendly . (wouldnt be that far behind what i am without that 6$ spent)

ty for the explanation , still lame i have to leave it to rng to gather all mercs :stuck_out_tongue: which makes not spending more than a welcome bundle or preorder not worth while , good thing is for f2p , bad thing on blizzard’s wallet(but we all dont care about that ahahahahahah)

wanted to craft malfurion
10 run of bounty, 3 run yield his coin on normal today while 7 other run give me triple tamsin coin for each run…
i need 30 more malfurion coin to craft him.

I THINK you’re more likely to get lower rarity merc coins on normal. On heroic I think the odds of getting a legendary’s coins are slightly better. (That’s my anecdotal experience anyway)

BUT, Tamsin is a great merc anyway. So it’s not like getting her coins is a terrible thing.

let me tell you the secret conspiracy theory i just cooked up,
your odds is higher to get the coin you want if you beat mercenaries enemy.

when i said mercenaries, i meant mercenaries and not the random mobs.

edit : imma share some moment with screenshot later after crafting malfurion.
30 coin away and i didn’t start farming yet.