Calm down the RNG please

The amount of RNG is just crazy, it’s a ****ing awful feeling when you’ve outplayed your opponent then they play 1 card and rnjesus wins them the game with 0 skill from them.

18 Likes

I wouldn’t consider Hearthstone to be a game of skill. It is more like a coin slot machine with room for some minor skills where you could tweak the game play to maximize your reward.

7 Likes

Ironic because of your profile pic.

1 Like

I’d love an anti-rng tech card. Start of the game - random effects are not played this game. Be it a 12 mana 0/1 minion, I would still play it.

4 Likes

Heck I’d play that card even if it had “when drawn, deal 15 damage to your hero”

Not the game for you then. Time to uninstall.

I played 3 Mages in a row today and they all player Solarian on turn 2 and 2 of them finished me off with Pyroblast. One was gifted, the other Mage had it in their deck.

Same, literally against a reno hero power:
Turn 1: Brawl (kills my board except 1/1)
Turn 2: Firestrike (kills my reload)
Turn 3: pyroblast my face
Turn 4: holy wrath (again my face for 8 damage)
I die.
Opponent played 1 card in those 4 turns but his hero power scooped the win.
Like I would prefer 2 Zephyrus in a deck than this crap.
90% of the time the power acts like a lesser zephyrus. It’s infuriating when in the whole list of spells it routinely falls on “hit opponent board/face for damage or clear” especially when I know there are so many garbage/situational spells.

1 Like

mages are the kings of rng for sure and im saying it not because of puzzle box…every time i’m encountering a mage, rogue or priest i’m crying inside :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same happened to me, the stupid reno hero power gave my opponent all the top deck cards needed at the right time… After that I outplayed him for all the game, that’s not fair

2 Likes

Agree … for all the hate some other class are getting, we are forgetting Mage can actually win without even wanting … it’s fine when there are a couple of RNG cards that could give you a great minion or a trash one. But when the entire class is based around random spells … yeah, not fun at all.

4 Likes

is it weird i made a spell only mage deck literally only for randomness (in wild of course) >.>

Why are you crying about this?
HS is a freaking clown circus, I fell sorry for whomever spends money on this clown-fest thinking there is a way of skill being the deciding factor.

3 Likes

Mage is basically the meta killer right now. Not consistent enough due to all the RnG, but very tough to contain in the mid to late game.

See, this is the kind of pseudo-analysis HS gamers make: thinking there is a way to rationalize the rng-dominated swings that happen in the game. “Hard to contain mid to late game” just means: pray they don’t cast Box and if they do, pray Box goes in you favour.

Clown-fest.

oh no bro.
this hero power is just terrible / meme I had it in my mage deck for a few days. it was extremely rare to be of any use. I remember at least one time it killed me. :slight_smile: good time …

no.
I’ve done the same thing.
Didnt work out quite as well as I hoped for it :frowning: .
Perhaps becoz I dont have any of the quests?

Exactly, your OPPONENT isn’t outplaying you, supposed random chance is, however I don’t see sacrificial pact or totem spells, I see a ton of Firestrike, pyroblast, and Brawl. With Reno power it’s just a guessing game (will RNJesus wipe my board, hit my face, or reload his hand? Because it is going to do 1 of those 90% of the time) which takes no skill on their side and frustratingly lots on your side and even if you guess right it STILL can scoop the win. Imagine if Doctor Booms hero power was free, would that be fair? Because that is where we are.

people are saying random spells is what mage is all about, but imagine if Priest had a board clear card that rezzed a minion EVERY TURN FOR FREE. Sure you would get some poor options some times but mostly beneficial or Game winning at times.

What ??? That’s utter Bull … in no way Mage was ever about random spells … it goes not only against their Warcraft lore but it also goes against how Mage played on the early days.

Mage was always about big and powerful spells to compensate the lack of big minions … sure, they have been aggro and combo, but the idea was always about thinking what to play and when to play … do i save this Fireball for direct damage or to remove a minion ??? should i use Flamestrike to wipe a board or try to stall and hold on for a few more turns.

Sad to see the current Mage state.

3 Likes