Bugged Edwin interaction with cast when drawn

I was playing casual to try out an Edwin, Defias Kingpin focused deck, and used plush bears to be cast when drawn to see if it would trigger the effect for free. However, when I played Edwin and drew a plush bear, it did not buff Edwin or draw another card, and it did not buff Edwin when I played the card I drew after the plush bear. It somehow ended Edwin’s effect due to the plush bear. I tried this again in the same game since I had potion of illusion, and the same thing happened. Is this intentional?

1 Like

Yes.

Edwin gains stats if you play the card drawn by him in the same turn. Cast when drawn cards aren’t played by you, they cast themselves. And the following card wasn’t drawn by Edwin.

In short, cards that cast themselves or cast other cards can’t trigger on cast events as those require you to be the caster.

This isn’t a bug.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense, but the bigger issue is that it cancels the effect entirely and you can’t play cards for the +2/+2 buff afterwards.

The effect only repeats if you play the prior card drawn by the battlecry. It doesn’t apply anymore once the sequence is broken by not playing the drawn card.

This also isn’t a bug.

That is why certain cards don’t work in combination with other cards. To put it bluntly, you’re complaining Reno doesn’t heal you after you shuffled copies of Jade Idol in your highlander deck.

c logique, moi je viens de lancer passage secret sans recupérer mets cartes a la fin du tour

While I agree it’s not a ‘bug’ but it certainly makes this card useless in a lot of shuffle decks. I think the card should actually include automatically cast cards. There are so many overpowered decks right now this would at least give some other styles of play a chance.

Then it sounds like Edwin has bad synergy with “cast when drawn” cards, and you probably shouldn’t put both in the same deck.