BUG: Explosive Runes does Damage to yourself with Demon Seed

Come on Blizzard, at least test your damn game before you release it. With Demon Seed Quest Complete Explosive Runes Actually does damage to the Mage who Cast it. Do you actually employ QA?

2 Likes

Well, yes… The Demon Seed Quest completetion says all damage the Warlock gets on his turn gets done to his opponent, so if Explosive Runes triggers, the damage is done to the Mage.

8 Likes

How did that get past any designer that isn’t an intern? It is like they don’t realize there are cards not in standard anymore that cause damage to people not on their turn.

1 Like

Why are you doubling down…
He wasnt agreeing with you there is no bug the quest is working just like it says…

3 Likes

Same thing would happen if Warlock were to, say, play Toxicologist on Runed Mithril Rod (EDIT: actually, Jaraxxus would be far easier, forgot about that) and then use it to smash their face into your minion: you’d take your minion’s ATK as damage while Warlock goes unscathed.

3 Likes

I didn’t think he was agreeing with me, he was explaining the interaction, which in turn I said is absolutely terrible design. How do you design a card that so broken and say “Yea, this is good.”?

Thats not the point you made a topic calling it a BUG well its not you were wrong move on.

4 Likes

what are you talking about

not a bug

all that designer rant doesnt make any sense you misplayed and used that secret knowing you would take damage!

1 Like

Is the damage dealt to the warlock in his turn or the mage’s turn ?

If it does damage him on his turn, it is indeed a bug.

But it seems like it damages the mage, just as intended. SO what’s your issue ?

“Hey, this works as intended. Shouldn’t we change it?”
“Uhm… Why would we change it? Didn’t you say it worked as intended?”
“Well, yes, but… Uh…”

Also, Explosive Trap is still in Standard, so yeah…

1 Like

Explosive Runes deals 6 damage to the unit the other player plays and what ever is left over hits the other player. Instead with Seed Lock, the damage done to the Warlock hits the mage.

How cute that you think they play test at all.

Yes, because the Warlock receives damage on his turn and it is therefore deflected by Tamsin’s effect, which is: for the rest of the game, damage you take on your turn damages your opponent instead.

It seems to me like it’s working exactly as worded and intended, wouldn’t you agree ?

Unless you’re pretending explosive rune isn’t triggered in the warlock’s turn ? Which is impossible since secrets only trigger in your opponent’s turn.

6 Likes

Yes, it works in the stupidest possible. They need to nerf that stupid quest and label it “Any self inflicted damage” instead of “any damage”. There is no reason fatigue / explosive runes / bombs etc should hit anyone except the Warlock. I guess I have a hard time fathoming that their dev team is that terrible, but I am not sure why I am shocked.

1 Like

Yes, yes there is. It’s the completion of the quest. It may not be the way you like it, but it is the way it is.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried cus I don’t own the quest but shouldn’t the effect be overwritten with the hero transforming into Jaraxxus?
Edit.- nevermind on close reading to blightborn Tamsim’s text I guess it should work as you describe it.

1 Like

In Duels, Bomb Warrior vs Quest Lock is a sure fire loss. Either you complete their quest faster or just die upon quest completion. Good times, even it’s sad ol’ me getting squashed.

1 Like

It works well. Bomb warrior, and also the hunter quest that summons leper gnomes all hit themselves after completion of the quests as intended.

“QQ i don’t agree with how things work therefore it’s a bug”
new player…what did you expect?

they do hit the warlock but the damage is redirected to the opponent

Tell me you have reading comprehension issues without telling me you have reading comprehension issues

1 Like

I have a reading comprehension issue.

2 Likes