Bring back the dislike button

I personally loooooooove the new forums. I would however, enjoy a dislike button. I, like many others, used it not as a derogatory or harmful device, but rather to express disagreement with other posts or to call out players who were obviously trolling.

It’s kind of offensive that blizzard thinks it’s community lacks the maturity to properly use the tool.

36 Likes

Wish i could downvote your post… as a sign of support to your cause!

Hello kitty island mentality… you can upvote someone without needing to comment. But now you need to comment if you disagree.

Why not just remove upvote and downvote. All together… both are a way to influence the masses

12 Likes

Downvote served no purpose. It became useless

4 Likes

It became apparent that those who downvote just turned out to be incapable of winning arguments.

7 Likes

Pro tip: The new forum model, as seeen here, is deployed on other forums too, and there too, they have asked for the return of the dislike. It is not part of the design of this forum model, and the request has been denied since the beginning.

I too found it useful, if useful is the right word for it. I cannot say it did any good other than bury posts. More than likely, you’ll not see the dislike return.

1 Like

really stupid not to be able to be toxic and rant about something u dont like…

2 Likes

I spot two reasons, why we need a dislike button.

11 Likes

This is the new cell phone version, so more people can play Hearthstone while driving, causing more fatal accidents, killing more people while driving. Brilliant, Blizzard !!! Thank you !! Population control at it’s finest . . .

I hereby downvote the new forums…:rage:

2 Likes

Don’t! If you dislike a post. Well, show your dislike in words.

1 Like

Dislike/downvote was a broken feature which allowed informative and/or constructive and/or helpful posts to be voted against. By definition, those posts were made for the community. Just imagine you could downvote a wikipedia article. It is stupid, right?

Dislike was also abused by dislike-bombing gangs, and even the by odd dislike-stalker, who followed their pray, and kept disliking posters across various threads. It was a feature that encouraged negativity and toxic behavior.

Good riddance, I say.

5 Likes

We don’t need a dislike button. It basically was say something unpopular with the masses but correct get 1000000 dislikes that worked to effectively delete your post because nobody had a good counterpoint to your argument they just didn’t like that you were very likely right. We still have report option for derogatory and troll posts so you can use that.

Dislike basically turned into I can’t win the debate so ill get my friends to dislike and hope there is enough others with friends to hit the magic number that hides the post so people skip over it as most people are lazy and won’t do the extra clicks to show the post.

I often called people out on nerfs because almost always its someone that lost a game to the Flavor of the Month and is salty about it and very often the post got 1000000 dislikes because no one had a counter point other than BabyRage my opponent has cards. Just because a deck is tier 1 meta doesn’t always mean its OP and needs nerfs and also the inverse just because cards were rarely played in the meta doesn’t mean they are fine and balanced for the game.

5 Likes
     |o     |    o|         
 ,---|.,---.|    .|__/ ,---.
 |   ||`---.|    ||  \ |---'
 `---'``---'`---'``   ``---'
2 Likes

on the old forums , the dislike button was more a toy for trolls than a real “usefull” button …
i remember seen some people get constant downvote just because some troll just didn’t like those personn …
so perso , dislike button is not very usefull , and like @Shuyin said , we have a report button ==> :white_flag:
so for me it’s enough ^^

1 Like

At this point, I would give the entire game a downvote. Just a terrible place to be anymore.

1 Like

Add yourself as the third.

Blizzard only see’s love.

Of course those feces slinging monkeys don´t have the maturity to be entrusted with such a tool. It´s also a good way to avoid any argument.

Well I would like the down vote to be brought back. I have a right to say something that I dont like and Blizz is taking away that right. If we cant say we dont like it then Blizz wont change it

Blizzard’s response to that will be:
“Blow it out your a$$. This is our platform. You want the down vote back? Make your own platform.”