Brawliseum news?

Anyone have any info on Brawliseum? Last time you got one free entry, will that be the case again? We know the rewards, pricing, and release date, but it’s pretty important to know if we’ll get a free entry or not.

1 Like

There were mini Brawliseums that gave us free entries (less price walls, but less rewards). Then there are the main Brawliseums, like this upcoming one, that charge us the full shabang but have higher reward stakes. Those are typically not free.

That being said, I am thinking this Brawl will not be free this go around, but it’s possible that it could be free.

Most likely scenario will be a 1000 gold price tag, with the first entry being free.

It’s hilarious that the first entry is not free because now the nerds aren’t going to have easy wins. Anyone who paid will be fully prepared and so many good players are going to get knocked out in round 3 and 4, meaning the whole thing will be a flop because very few people will queue up a second time. Let alone the scores of players that refuse to pay once like myself.

Was looking forward to a single free entry but whatever.

1 Like

I hope they do one free entry per person because I’m definitely not dropping 1000 gold on this. The break even point is way too high to gamble that much gold on it

1 Like

I reached legend with a 60% winrate and reach legend basically every month. But i don’t wanna spend gold on this.it will just skyrocket my anxiety and any bad mulligan or draw will feel so much worse…i wish it had a free ticket as well, the rewards are really appealing, but i’d be more upset then I should be when I get bad luck or queued against worst matchups

1 Like

Looks like you need to win about 4 games to break even on investment. Will be tough with only experienced competition.

Would really suck to pay 1000 gold or 10 bucks for 1 pack if you tanked and didn’t get a win.

Why does blizz think ANYONE wants this?

I mean I have less than zero interest and would love for someone to help me understand how or why anyone would put money here.

It’s closer to 5 wins in practice. 4 wins gives you functionally 7 packs and enough dust for 2 rares. 5 gives you 8 packs plus a little more and enough dust for 2 rares and a bit more.

The catch though is that they are current set packs. Odds are if you’re good enough to get that far in this you play enough to have a complete or functionally complete set already

In a word: Streamers. This is great viewing for streamers. I’m sure streamers like Thijs and Firebat will both do very well in this and get a lot of views because of the high stakes

I will have to take your word for it. I have never watched a streamer. Maybe a youtube clip that specifically deals with a question or issue directly, but never watched a stream before.

Watching someone else play video games holds no interest for me.

BUT your point makes me even more hostile to the idea of this brawl. Now it’s paid professional gamers fighting each other and that’s not my place. lol.

I personally prefer youtube as well to streams since the editing cuts out downtime between games and you see the most interesting games they played. I find watching others play gives me inspiration to try new decks but it also helps me get better at the game. Some more than others focus more on teaching than outright being the number 1 best player and that’s really helped me improve my playing.

1 Like

And remember, 1 pack doesn’t equal 100 gold: since this expansion is almost 2 months old, most people will probably have already all rares/common; maybe even all the useful legendaries (crafted).

If rewards were 100% gold, maybe more people would have attempt it, but I am 90% sure even a good player in the top 1000 legend, may prefer to keep 1000 gold rather than gamble it to win some packs (and less than 1000 gold, so the result is less NEW packs).

Probably it would be played by people who can afford to spend in order to buy every new expansion preorder, but not by f2p (so the majority i guess)

2 Likes

I buy every expansion and have no plans of ever dropping 1000 gold on this

2 Likes

For the same reason people play high-stakes poker, I imagine. Big risk for big reward, plus risk itself can make things more interesting for some.