Boar priest is cancer

I did well with it, way higher than the data on HSReplay. Its a trash deck.

Yeah I’m kind of wondering how much experience this guy has playing against it because viper can’t help you and once he’s got the sword all he has to do to refresh it is kill one more boar and not seven more. The deck does pretty well against control even if it’s not good against aggro

Boar is for two kinds of players.

(1) Me I think I’m way better than I am and get satisfaction from playing the deck because when I win it makes me feel clever.

(2) Streamers, for almost the same reason, + it makes them money.

1 Like

That wasn’t a highroll; that’s how the deck works.

sometimes they make the mistake of leaving boars on the board for you to kill the last one …thats the only way to get to play viper to destroy it without mana cheat

1 Like

What do you mean at one mana?

When you swing the sword, it destroys your opponent’s mana crystals.

Hard to play Viper after every swing resets you to 0 mana, then 1 at the start of your turn.

Why the heck did I forget thar lol? For whatever reason I thought it was just a big 15/3 weapon.

1 Like

Nope, the only way to come back from them getting it is lethal (or soon to be lethal) minions already on the board. If not, you’re trying to win from eternal turn 1.

1 Like

anybody remember mecha’thun priest with hemet, jungle hunter?
the good ol’ days…

Warlocks too used Mecha’thun a lot because they had Cataclysm.

Or if you’re Alignment Druid and already got the Alignment off.

i don’t know what you take, but it must be very good.

I think the truth is somewhere in between. It’s top of Tier 3 at top Legend right now, and it’s much worse at lower ranks due to the high skill cap. Being just below 50% winrate isn’t good, but it’s almost good. So I think you’re both wrong, essentially.

Although Brawler would have been right before the Drek’thar nerf, it was much worse at that time.

So you are giving advice to people on how to beat a particular deck, but you never actually played agains this particular deck ? That’s weird.

So when the priest swings with his sword, he destroys your mana cristals, and you have only one mana to play with.

You CAN though viper the sword if you are a warrior and you managed to discount the viper with from the depths. But the thing is, what will happen is the pirest is just gonna play his Xyrella hero and reequip the sword for three more swings.

So no, viper does not beat boar priest. A lot of things can defeat boar priest, but the viper is not one of them.

Best counter to boar priest is playing any deck that isn’t greedy quest priest

Now that you put it that way that would feel weird having viper but not being able to play it lol but the one guy did point if you van kil the last board and then viper youll be ok.

1 Like

Remember shirvalla paladin :slight_smile:

You can cope and seethe buddy :slight_smile:

Everyone here seem to agree that boar priest is trash, but it’s not, it’s really not. Boar priest is a good deck, and it’s certainly not as week to aggro as you think it is.